What's the proper way to charge lumia 920??

Sukanok

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I heard that if you fully charge/ discharge a couple of time it will help to make you battery last longer??
What happen if i leave my phone on charge after the battery 100% full during the night??
Thanks

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The most effective process is applicable to any Lithium Ion battery, which is different than other types of batteries.

Keeping these batteries plugged in and charged at 100% is detrimental to battery life. I've read that full charge, discharge cycles aren't ideal either. It seems the best approach is to vary it a bit, get down to 20% or lower and then recharge. Once it's charged pull the plug. Keep the battery cool also helps, which is pretty difficult to control, beyond not having it sitting in direct sunlight or in a hot car.

But it's all relative, there's no reason to be obsessive. Most people end up replacing their phones well before battery life is an obvious problem. I had my last phone for 2 years and over the last 6 months I was noticing decreased battery life. Even sitting around I had to put it on the charger every evening. Although, oddly, now I have it permanently in airplane mode and it goes for weeks before needed to be recharged. So there are a lot of factors in play here.

I'm sure there are people who can provide better information about this than I.

Sukanok

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks mate... i've been reading the whole forum about lumia 920. some have bad battery life but some don't .. i'm not sure how long it suppose to last.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks mate... i've been reading the whole forum about lumia 920. some have bad battery life but some don't .. i'm not sure how long it suppose to last.

Battery life with the 920 is hit and miss. A major factor that people forget to mention is how you use your phone. But then, this too is a hit and miss.

Some people get 5 hours. Some get 2 days.

Iron Eagle

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
As far as I'm concerned, everywhere I read, people say the battery is lithium ion when it's in fact, lithium polymer, surely there's a difference.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I plug mine in every night before going to bed and unplug it in the morning. I have yet to fully discharge it once, and I can usually get a day or 2 out of it. I did the same thing with all my old Android phones (well, not the OG Droid, for whatever reason).

As for battery life, it's as someone said: it all comes down to how you use it. I use mine for quite a bit of social networking (built-in people stuff, no specific apps), email, texts, phone calls, the camera, and general web browsing. I also have it pulling RSS feeds and weather. Some games. Some people use their phone like mine, but they have their emails pulling more often, play more games, or leave bluetooth on for some accessories, etc, and it just dies quicker. I'd say, try not to obsess over it, and you'll be fine.

If you do want to obsess over it, here's an interesting article posted by Ars Technica: Ask Ars: What is the best way to use a Li-ion battery? | Ars Technica

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Fully discharging the battery is not good for the battery. Neither is leaving on the charge for long periods of time i.e overnight. Shorter, more frequent charges keeping the battery within say 20-90% is better than leaving on charge overnight to 100% and fully discharging it.

As someone posted on another battery thread, these batteries do not like being on the extreme ends of their state of charge (probably between 0-20% and 90-100%) so keeping the battery out of these ranges is supposed to be the best for the life of the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos