Need help! :(

Apoorva Reddy

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 a few hours ago...And I need some help, so help me out please?

1. My wifi connection is that sort of connection where, when you click on the wifi network, you have to wait for the page to load in the web browser and type in the password (something like what they have in airports) , but when I try that with my phone, it gets connected to the network and when I open IE(to type in the password) it says it cannot display the page.

2. I transferred a few music files using bluetooth, but I cannot seem to find them. Where do they get stored?! (EDITED: Wait, I found them! Hehe.)

Please bear with my noob-ish questions. I am new to this OS. :p

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
1. Sometimes you have to wait a minute then try to visit a place like Google then it will jump you to the login page. You can't hit refresh for some reason I noticed and get it to work. You have to try to go to a new site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Nooope, still says- 'The credentials you provided arent authorized to view this page'.

Sounds like an issue with your wifi then because if it was setup right it should redirect all page requests to the login page if the user isn't logged in.

Do you know the exact login page address? That is the other option since it isn't redirecting properly.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Suspecting something to do with the ISP restricting you from logging in from multiple devices. Curiosity, but do you usually access the internet(across wifi) from other devices well.. If yes then it could be a temporary issue or the ISP could have configured the MAC addresses within your router which is not permitting your device access the network. If No would be good to contact the ISP.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've done that many times without any issue at coffee shops and hotels. Not sure what's going on with yours. Have you tried switching the browser mode between desktop and mobile?

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
The WiFi problem is an issue with Windows Phone's in general. I have the same issue while trying to connect to certain WiFi Networks that require you to accept terms to continue. There are other threads on this same issue. Everyone else here in the office that has an iphone or android can get to the network, but because I have a Windows Phone, I can not.

It must have something to do with a setting on the router and a setting that MS has on the Window's Phone.

Last edited:

Anirudh Sarma

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nokia Lumia 920 a few hours ago...And I need some help, so help me out please?

1. My wifi connection is that sort of connection where, when you click on the wifi network, you have to wait for the page to load in the web browser and type in the password (something like what they have in airports) , but when I try that with my phone, it gets connected to the network and when I open IE(to type in the password) it says it cannot display the page.

2. I transferred a few music files using bluetooth, but I cannot seem to find them. Where do they get stored?! (EDITED: Wait, I found them! Hehe.)

Please bear with my noob-ish questions. I am new to this OS. :p

Do you know the ip address of the router ? If so when you open browser on the 902 just http that link and check

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Do you know the ip address of the router ? If so when you open browser on the 902 just http that link and check

Most likely it isn't a router, it's a server authentication page. So going to the router won't gain anything, it's just a dummy connection point.

So far I haven't had an issue connecting to any server authenticated pages if I actually try to visit a page like yahoo.com etc... If i just open ie and hit refresh it won't work.

Anirudh Sarma

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Most likely it isn't a router, it's a server authentication page. So going to the router won't gain anything, it's just a dummy connection point.

So far I haven't had an issue connecting to any server authenticated pages if I actually try to visit a page like yahoo.com etc... If i just open ie and hit refresh it won't work.

neither have i, i use 2 distinct hotspots with require passwords to access the net and both work like a charm. As soon as i connect, the browser prompts for id/pwd

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
The same with me, I have WiFi at office which requires username and password and works fine. The session is maintained active for few hours as well even after WiFi get disconnected during sleep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss