Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree36Likes

I have the dust under the front facing camera, but honestly haven't seen a drop in photo quality or spots on the screen. Its really just nitpicking for me. Other than that, the 920 is absolutely perfect!

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    that's a subsidized price.......
    I know that but the subsidized price does determine the quality of the product. All high end subsidized price start at 199.99.

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aldiggi View Post
    I know that but the subsidized price does determine the quality of the product. All high end subsidized price start at 199.99.

Can you back that up? I think it has more to do with Nokia stumbling out the gate.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hyedefinition View Post
    Can you back that up? I think it has more to do with Nokia stumbling out the gate.

Then it is what it is my friend. Guess Nokia dropped the ball :(

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyshine77 View Post
    lol when I get a new phone maybe we can work something out.
    I'll wait for that day to come... seriously..
    Andyshine77 likes this.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    Nokia, each time, sent the replacement phone out with 2 day shipping and then emailed me a label to ship the defective phone back after I received the replacement.

It never took more than a couple of emails each time to get a replacement, it was actually a very easy process. /shrug.
    So I was talking with Nokia chat and sent mine in due to another issue, not sure how prevalent (not really the point of the comment, but I'll digress) but I had larger gaps on the long sides (large enough on the right to fit a fingernail in, not on the left), plus the power button and the camera button were loose.

How were you able to get them to send you one before sending your current phone back? I had to send mine first (with a provided pre-pay label) and they're "assessing the validity" of my issue. If the one I get back is no good, need your hookup.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I am on my fourth Lumia 920. I am think that the Cyan models either were manufactured in a different plant or for some reason receive different screens than the other colors

My first Cyan 920 had battery issues and a slightly dimmer/more yellow screen when compared to my brother's White 920 (who also had battery issues and had to get the phone replaced as well).

My second Cyan 920 had issues where any app would freeze and return to Start

I received a Black 920 as there were no stock for Cyan for a few weeks, it recently started having issues where the proximity sensor has completely failed and when making a phone call the screen goes black and will not come back on until the call has ended.

AT&T managed to get some Cyan 920s in stock and I received one yesterday and when compared to the Black 920 (that I have yet to return) the screen is slightly dimmer/more yellow. So far this fourth 920 seems to perform decently, but the jury is out for another few weeks to see how badly this one degrades..

I do believe Denzilla and Andy are correct in that there are some major issues with this model, but I really do want to have one that is as flawless as some others have.

Hopefully it isn't a pipe dream.

My Lumia 920 experience:

1st: white 920: DOA, bricked out of the box
    2nd: black 920: dust under FF Camera, annoying rattling sound.
    3rd: red 920: defective unit, had flimsy construction, squeaked near the camera button.
    4th: yellow 920: just got it today so far it looks alright. I think its a keeper!
    Yellow Lumia 1020 (RM-875) Unlocked International

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here are some side by side comparison pics of my Cyan 920 and Black 920. Notice how the Cyan 920 white is not as white as the Black 920. These are both set on High brightness with Automatic turned off.

Thanked by:
    hyedefinition and Andyshine77 like this.

Thanks! Was going to post pics tomorrow. This is exactly what I mean. There is a huge difference. Think I'm going to exchange my blue for a white one.

Wow I thought I was picky...haha. Now I know were all ocd about our phones...i can sleep better :P

Its not about being ocd at all. I had the phone since November 18th. Only reason I noticed is when my friend got his yellow 920 3days ago, by mere fortuity, and was frankly upset by it.

Ignored rest of the problems I am facing: dust in ffc, music player volume, battery issues...

I know, I feel your pain. I've been there...for the record I am ocd, not trying to make fun of anyone if your offended.

Haha no not offended at you, at Nokia though. I know it's going to be hard to get a cyan replacement too. :/
    Thanked by:

Ya I said screw it and got the white...i tried like 20 places for the cyan.
    hyedefinition likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sanders2232 View Post
    Ya I said screw it and got the white...i tried like 20 places for the cyan.
    Was it a replacement you are talking about?

If Nokia did a recall on the L920s, their share price would take a HAMMERING.

Like someone else, I would love (or cry) to see stats on the number of returns.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123