Buying a 920 from ATT store off contract - can I?

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm Canadian and since I'm on Bell, I can't get the Nokia 920...
Off contract, Rogers wants $600 whereas ATT wants $450...no brainer.

Can I walk into an ATT store in the US and buy the phone outright without a contract?
Also, ATT are offering a 2 for 1 or a free wireless charger...is this only on contract?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You might be able to buy one, but they won't unlock it for you for at least 3 more months. (6 months after release) Even then it'll likely be a hassle. I'm willing to bet the plan you have with Bell will cost you at least the extra $150 before you can use it. I'm on Bell also. Settled for the Ativ when my HD7 broke, but I'll be picking up a white Rogers 920 with my income tax return...

And the 2 for 1 is contract pricing only. Don't know about the charging pad offer.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
You might be able to buy one, but they won't unlock it for you for at least 3 more months. (6 months after release) Even then it'll likely be a hassle. I'm willing to bet the plan you have with Bell will cost you at least the extra $150 before you can use it. I'm on Bell also. Settled for the Ativ when my HD7 broke, but I'll be picking up a white Rogers 920 with my income tax return...

And the 2 for 1 is contract pricing only. Don't know about the charging pad offer.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not really sure what you mean when you say it will cost another $150...You can unlock it for $30 or $40 with an unlocker service...

Would the local ATT store give me any grief since I will not buy a plan? I don't want to drive a couple of hours and get some ****** giving me grief...
Be nice to get the charger but it's not a deal breaker.

I emaile Elop and he replied (or his secretary did...said it was him)...I was complaining that there is no way for me to buy a Nokia Lumia on Bell Canada...didn't give me any options but it was cool he replied a few times to me...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos