Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By freestaterocker

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I'm Canadian and since I'm on Bell, I can't get the Nokia 920...
    Off contract, Rogers wants $600 whereas ATT wants $450...no brainer.

Can I walk into an ATT store in the US and buy the phone outright without a contract?
    Also, ATT are offering a 2 for 1 or a free wireless charger...is this only on contract?
    You might be able to buy one, but they won't unlock it for you for at least 3 more months. (6 months after release) Even then it'll likely be a hassle. I'm willing to bet the plan you have with Bell will cost you at least the extra $150 before you can use it. I'm on Bell also. Settled for the Ativ when my HD7 broke, but I'll be picking up a white Rogers 920 with my income tax return...

And the 2 for 1 is contract pricing only. Don't know about the charging pad offer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I bought the phone off contract from AT&T and it does not include the charger which was a real bummer.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    I bought it off contract and did get a charger. Depends where you go I guess.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    You might be able to buy one, but they won't unlock it for you for at least 3 more months. (6 months after release) Even then it'll likely be a hassle. I'm willing to bet the plan you have with Bell will cost you at least the extra $150 before you can use it. I'm on Bell also. Settled for the Ativ when my HD7 broke, but I'll be picking up a white Rogers 920 with my income tax return...

And the 2 for 1 is contract pricing only. Don't know about the charging pad offer.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I'm not really sure what you mean when you say it will cost another $150...You can unlock it for $30 or $40 with an unlocker service...

Would the local ATT store give me any grief since I will not buy a plan? I don't want to drive a couple of hours and get some asshat giving me grief...
    Be nice to get the charger but it's not a deal breaker.

I emaile Elop and he replied (or his secretary did...said it was him)...I was complaining that there is no way for me to buy a Nokia Lumia on Bell Canada...didn't give me any options but it was cool he replied a few times to me...

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by americasteam View Post
    I bought it off contract and did get a charger. Depends where you go I guess.
    Are you an ATT customer? Did you have to give some account details or anything?