Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Hi!

I've got a B&W C5 headset that is made for "iPhone". Although the sound and middle button works well when used in my Lumia 920 the mic or volume keys do not. I'm looking for some type of adapter to help me at least get the micophone working. Does anyone know of something like that?

/D
    Banned

Hmm I have Sony EX12 headphones which I used for my iPhone. I'll have to try them in my 920 later.

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    Hi!

I've got a B&W C5 headset that is made for "iPhone". Although the sound and middle button works well when used in my Lumia 920 the mic or volume keys do not. I'm looking for some type of adapter to help me at least get the micophone working. Does anyone know of something like that?

/D
    I don't think such an adaptor exists considering Apple uses their own algorithms to control the headset. There isn't any real benefit for a third party developer to create an adaptor for the headset to work with other devices.

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    I don't think such an adaptor exists considering Apple uses their own algorithms to control the headset. There isn't any real benefit for a third party developer to create an adaptor for the headset to work with other devices.
    I doubt the mic needs specific software to work as the hardware difference is only a matter of different connection surfaces. The volume bottons I could understand, but the mic? Quite annoying as I want high quality sound when listening.

Global Posts
    1,063 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidkoh View Post
    I doubt the mic needs specific software to work as the hardware difference is only a matter of different connection surfaces. The volume bottons I could understand, but the mic? Quite annoying as I want high quality sound when listening.
    I've just pulled this from the specifications on their web site:-

Apple compatibility The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS, iPhone4 and iPad. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation or later).
    Audio is support by all iPod models. Audio will work with most computers, phones and music player with a standard headphone output.

So the mic isn't going to work on the 920. It seems a shame given the amount the headset costs. 149.95 in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    I've just pulled this from the specifications on their web site:-

Apple compatibility The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS, iPhone4 and iPad. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation or later).
    Audio is support by all iPod models. Audio will work with most computers, phones and music player with a standard headphone output.

So the mic isn't going to work on the 920. It seems a shame given the amount the headset costs. 149.95 in the UK!
    Yes, and I am looking for an adapter that will switch the connection areas around so that mic would work with the Lumia, so far I've gathered that the mic and ground is switched around between Lumia and iPhone.

As for the cost, good sound costs money :).
    Banned

With my sony headphones designed for iPods etc, the volume buttons don't work but the mic does

Quote Originally Posted by JammyGitz View Post
    With my sony headphones designed for iPods etc, the volume buttons don't work but the mic does

Okay, thanks! I will most likely get one of those 7 adapters and try if it works with that.

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts
    The wiring are slightly different between iPhone and rest of the phone world. IIRC, the mic wire is switched with the ground wire. So, you can build your own adapter to switch those two wires and it should work. However, it is not easy to find the plugs and sockets with 4th wire.

Ill bite the bullet and try this adapter, ill post back here when it arrives.

Fiio LU2 Adapter Cable - use of iPhone specific: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    if you want some head phones that work with the 920, try the GS3 ones. They're not as nice as the B&W but all three buttons and mic work and they're cheap

And dit the cable You bought for the Lumia 920 work?

Sorry to necro post, but I found this thread looking for a headphone adapter for my new 1020 that will let me use any of my iPhone-specific headphones with the Nokia... can anyone confirm what controls do/do not work, and if the plug layout is the same for the 1020 as the 920? Assume this would be the case but you never know... Thanks!