- 01-23-2013, 04:00 AM #1
I've got a B&W C5 headset that is made for "iPhone". Although the sound and middle button works well when used in my Lumia 920 the mic or volume keys do not. I'm looking for some type of adapter to help me at least get the micophone working. Does anyone know of something like that?
- 01-23-2013, 05:37 AM #3
- 01-23-2013, 06:30 AM #4
- 01-23-2013, 07:30 AM #5
Apple compatibility The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation and later), iPod classic (120GB, 160GB), iPod touch (2nd generation and later), iPhone 3GS, iPhone4 and iPad. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation or later).
Audio is support by all iPod models. Audio will work with most computers, phones and music player with a standard headphone output.
So the mic isn't going to work on the 920. It seems a shame given the amount the headset costs. £149.95 in the UK!
- 01-23-2013, 07:32 AM #6
- 01-24-2013, 05:27 PM #9
The wiring are slightly different between iPhone and rest of the phone world. IIRC, the mic wire is switched with the ground wire. So, you can build your own adapter to switch those two wires and it should work. However, it is not easy to find the plugs and sockets with 4th wire.
- 01-25-2013, 01:07 AM #10
10-09-2013, 09:02 AM #13
- 20 Posts
Sorry to necro post, but I found this thread looking for a headphone adapter for my new 1020 that will let me use any of my iPhone-specific headphones with the Nokia... can anyone confirm what controls do/do not work, and if the plug layout is the same for the 1020 as the 920? Assume this would be the case but you never know... Thanks!
- By kittshelby in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 21Last Post: 12-14-2014, 12:22 AM
- By dookie dave in forum Phone WarsReplies: 16Last Post: 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM
- By xDante in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 6Last Post: 10-16-2012, 12:49 AM
- By Eric V. in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-09-2012, 09:50 PM
- By gilmanyu in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 05-07-2012, 07:11 AM