Install .xap files on my lumia 920

siriustds

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys.

Is there any way as of now to install xap files on my lumia 920 from computer , i downloaded some files from windows site only but not able to install them offline

DarthVeda

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, this option is only available when a SD Card is inserted. Since 920 doesn't have one slot, am sorry to say you can't. I read it on the Microsoft windows phone site itself.

Trevor Halsey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
There are three ways to install an xap, but it depends where you got it from.
  1. If its from windowsphone.com, you need to copy it to an sdcard and open it (we can't do anything else with those files yet.)
  2. If its from the Windows Phone App Studio or your employer, you need to install the company certificate and then download the file from your phone's browser.
  3. If its from anywhere else, you need to download and install the WP8 SDK on a Windows 8 Pro pc and use the Application Deployment tool.

tipu2185

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There are three ways to install an xap, but it depends where you got it from.
  1. If its from windowsphone.com, you need to copy it to an sdcard and open it (we can't do anything else with those files yet.)

The problem lies in the fact that when you download it from windowsphone.com, you dont have SDCard on Lumia 920 and it does not read from storage. It is big pain in the a** if you have formatted the phone or updated via NCS.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Bit of a bump, but any workarounds for this? I've got the XAP for Swapchat off the WP website but can't install it on my Lumia 925, and it won't let me install the SDK because I've not got a Windows 8 computer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett