Settings resting on it own?

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 920.
All of a sudden my Lumia is behaving weirdly. When I select a color for the phone lets say blue. When I restart the phone the tiles go back to RED and the volume goes back to 20.

Can someone explain to me what is going on here??

Please help

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought I was going crazy. I haven't had color issues but I have had random things going on last couple of days. WiFi keeps turning on and a few other app and OS settings are not where I left them. And its not one time, its multiple times I have adjusted them and they wont "stick". When they do change, i can find them couple hours later back to where they were. Screen brightness is another one. I did a soft reset this morning to see if that clears it up. I think we may be looking at another BB and its going to need a reset every so often.

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I hope it does not come to that. Hopefully Microsoft will look into it asap.

There are other problems also my phone keeps restarting randomly I don't know what is causing it. I remember reading an article on it but Microsoft patched the bug. Ao who is it still happening.
I turned my phone on and off a few times today and I did confirm that the tile color is defaulting to CRIMSON and the audio goes back to 20.
Ohh and my location setting turns from OFF to ON when this happens.

Last edited:

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the IT department at my office. You take your computer in for a problem and it takes them a couple times to fix that problem. Then, you end up with new problems that they cause with their other fix. Back you go to get them fixed only to have more issues afterwards. By the time you're done, you have to fix your own problems and are afraid to take your computer in for any other problems. So you make due with what you have and hope you can get by until they replace your computer with a new one that they haven't worked on. Job security I guess but its a miserable experience.

I'm done with Nokia and their problems. I'm waiting for next gen anything but Nokia. I know, new device, new problems but Nokia 920 has been the biggest pain in my backside. I want a phone that works and if I have to get an iPhone to make that happen I will. I won't like it, but I'll do it. I have had no problems with W8 and RT. Only Wp8 and Nokia. I like WP8 so next step is to get rid of Nokia.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been fortunate that I've had no problems with my 920. But I restarted mine a couple of times after reading the OP. My tiles stayed the same color. None of my settings changed. But the volume did go from 24 to 20. No idea why it would do that. Fortunately not a big deal to me. But I could see where the tile color changing would be aggrevating.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Found this on the Nokia discussion forums regarding the 20/30. They are saying it's normal. Take it for what it's worth. But at least you aren't alone on that one.

Re: Lumia 920 Volume resets to 20/30 after reboot - Nokia Support Discussions

The second post in that thread says...

"Is your 920 an AT&T model? If so there have been numerous reports of problems with it. If it is another model, then have you tried resetting the phone in Settings > About > Reset your phone? If this doesn't help, then perform a hard reset"

Isn't Settings>About>Reset your phone the same as a hard reset ? :/

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I thought that part of the reply was in reference to his rebooting issues, not the volume.

It's called a hard reset, but doesn't lose data or apps like the factory reset in settings.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought that part of the reply was in reference to his rebooting issues, not the volume.

It's called a hard reset, but doesn't lose data or apps like the factory reset in settings.

Excuse? If you go to about > reset phone, you WILL lose all your data and apps..

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like the IT department at my office. You take your computer in for a problem and it takes them a couple times to fix that problem. Then, you end up with new problems that they cause with their other fix. Back you go to get them fixed only to have more issues afterwards. By the time you're done, you have to fix your own problems and are afraid to take your computer in for any other problems. So you make due with what you have and hope you can get by until they replace your computer with a new one that they haven't worked on. Job security I guess but its a miserable experience.

I'm done with Nokia and their problems. I'm waiting for next gen anything but Nokia. I know, new device, new problems but Nokia 920 has been the biggest pain in my backside. I want a phone that works and if I have to get an iPhone to make that happen I will. I won't like it, but I'll do it. I have had no problems with W8 and RT. Only Wp8 and Nokia. I like WP8 so next step is to get rid of Nokia.

Just leave then, tell ur problems, not your feelings

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Why is he all wining about Nokia? Leave then. I did not say my phone was bad I'm just saying its behaving wiredely. Now it suddenly fixed it self I don't know how it did that hahaha.

Now there are other problems more major then this like

1. Why is the autocorrect not working for some apps like LINE.

2. Where do documents downloaded from the web are saved to? They are definitely not in office. Docs like .docx .ppt .xls
Anyone knows?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
First, I'm not whining and second I'm not leaving WP8. I like the OS and the Skydrive integration. I just hate the 920 and all the problems I've had. The point I was trying to make was that everything tech is thrown out to consumers full of problems and the fixes need fixes which need more fixes. Nokia isn't the only one in this aspect. They aren't doing anything better or worse than any other tech company. But at the end of the day it needs to work.

And devs have to write the code to make built in autocorrect work with their app. No idea on second question.

And I would never buy an iPhone or Crapple anything.

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Haha I guess all WP users hate IOS xD.

Anyways, who can help me with the second question. Pls its a pain man all documents are downloaded but to where????? You can only view them.once then you got to re download them again and again.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Haha I guess all WP users hate IOS xD.

Anyways, who can help me with the second question. Pls its a pain man all documents are downloaded but to where????? You can only view them.once then you got to re download them again and again.

Once you download a file from the internet its suppose to open in its native app, like .doc/word, pdf/pdf viewer? its suppose to save automatically. Did you see if you could save file when you were viewing it?

It saves inside of office/phone.

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing. Once it is download I can view them files like .docx .ppt and .xls will automatically launch office with their respective program but once I close it there is nothing saved in my office non of the files I downloaded are in the office list.

I usually download my documents from dropfiles for dropbox but never the less shouldn't all documents be saved into ms office?

As for PDF yeah they all get saved into the PDF app and I can view them over again anytime I like.

Does this happen to you ?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
That's the thing. Once it is download I can view them files like .docx .ppt and .xls will automatically launch office with their respective program but once I close it there is nothing saved in my office non of the files I downloaded are in the office list.

I usually download my documents from dropfiles for dropbox but never the less shouldn't all documents be saved into ms office?

As for PDF yeah they all get saved into the PDF app and I can view them over again anytime I like.

Does this happen to you ?

Ok this must be the issue. I sent myself a file to see when I downloaded it and exited the respective app like word and it didn't save.

Once you download and open the file within its app, hot the three dots "..." and hit "save as".

You have the option of SkyDrive,phone

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Oooooooooo!!!!!!! Hahahah!!! Thanks man!!! It works! I never knew I could save it with in the launched file xD! Thanks!

Okay now to the next problem!
Why on earth can't we WP8 users, are not able to attach PDF files using the email client??

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I know, pretty frustrating. You are only able to share, send pdfs through office. As of right now, Microsoft has not explained why this is the way it is.

Even then its frustrating because:

1. You can't share if you downloaded from the internet. It will only open in PDF viewer or equivalent. It will not show up in office.

2. You are able to send, share pdfs if you received them via email. It will be placed under "email" in office.

Its less frustrating if you are able to point all pdfs to SkyDrive before you open them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05