Earphones with mic recommendations for Lumia 920?

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I found a few posts similar to my request but my requirements are quite different so I have to create a new post.

1. I prefer a small simple pair of earphones very much like one that come with iPhone. I don't like in-ear, I don't want to be isolated from the world.
2. I want a good mic quality. When I talk with someone on the phone, I can always tell if the person on the other end is using a hand free device because the sound quality is always poor. However, I found that if that person use iPhone standard earphone, I wont notice the different. When I uses iPhone, I was very happy with their standard earphones.

The standard earphones that come in the Lumia 920 box set is terrible in term of mic and I need a replacement. I tried the Marshall Minor and Urban Midas, the mic are not better than the one come with 920. Is there any earphones that meet my requirement? Please help me.

If it really have to be in-ear, does Nokia Purity have a good mic quality? There isnt any demo unit in Nokia shop I visited.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I found the Bose OEI2 to be decent, there's also an IE version. Most stores have a return policy if you want to give them a run.

faded03cobra

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I got some in ear beats at a christmas party from work and they sound good to me. for some reason they sound much better when plugged into my wifes iphone and ipad.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thank you faded03cobra, unfortunately I live in a country where return policy does not exist. OEI2 is too big for me but I will give IE a try.

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Bose Mie2 is a great option. I use it all the time. Its in-ear but does not completely cut you off from the world. I hate those too!!
The best thing about the Bose (other than the sound quality) is their ability to stay in your ear. I use it at the gym and I love it.
The only downside some may find is that you cannot control the volume from the ear buds, but I dont have a problem reaching my pocket to do that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05