Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

4 Posts
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I've had my 920 since November. My wife got hers about a month later.
    We both had battery issues, lock up issues, etc.
    I've always used Windows on my desktop and I switched to Windows 8 on release after using the prerelease version.
    I like Windows 8 and sold my Ipad 3 to get a Samsung 500t running Windows 8 which I get more use out of than I did the Ipad.
    I've always shut down my desktop every night. With the tablet, I usually just put it in sleep mode. But I've learned that
    if I don't do a complete shut down every once in a while, things get flakey. The keyboard might not come up, the charm bar might
    not be responsive, IE10 might not load properly. So at the first sign of a problem I do a shut down and restart. Problems solved and I need to do this once a week or so.
    I don't know if the architecture of Windows Phone 8 is the same as Windows 8 but I have been shutting down the phone once a week and I've noticed most issues have gone away. Battery life is OK, at least 36 hours of light usage and its very consistent. I don't get lock ups or shutdowns, either.
    Sure, its a phone and shouldn't need to be "tidied up" every once in a while but I have very few problems since I started doing this.

116 Posts
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Untill they tweek the bugs out of Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, rebooting is how you solve most problems. When my 8x gets screwy I just restart it. No big deal. It will be a while before apps and os play nice together all the time.
    Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

1,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,283 Global Posts
    try contacting nokia care. they'll give you replacement options. my replacement came and it is perfect. the first phone was a mess

268 Posts
    yeah rebooting fixes things and keeps the phone in top shape. Didn't have to do it many times but I do it once in a while. May not be a bad idea to just reboot every morning. Not a big deal because it reboots so fast. My old Blackberry used to take over 5 minutes to reboot.