Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

51 Posts
    Oh dear!
    Having had a replacement Lumia 920 sent to me after my original Lumia 920 was deemed unrepairable I left it for a week as I waited for my unlock code so that I can use my vodafone sim with it.
    I got the unlock code and typed it in etc. The phone recognised the sim card but states I have no service in the live tile. Thinking that this is due to having no signal I waited a while for it and still "no service"
    I tried different sim cards and they all worked in my Xperia T but not on the Lumia 920 and I have performed soft and hard resets and still the problem exists.
    So now I am left with no option but to have the phone sent back to Nokia!
    This is really frustrating and while I really like WP8 and prefer it to android I am left thinking if it is best I sell the 920 once that is repaired or replaced and go back to android until Nokia sort out their hardware issues. It is a real shame as I feel that the 920 is an amazing piece of kit but I can't be having to return it for being faulty all the time.
    I just want a working Lumia 920 that is reliable. I envy you guys that have been fault free so far.

Anyway that's my rant over! I really want to give Nokia and WP8 a chance and I believe they have a very good platform but these hardware faults are really frustrating me!!!]
    fingers crossed my 920 is repaired and stays fault free!
    bites likes this.

51 Posts
    Well my handset got repaired and sent back and guess what........ It still has the no service status, I have tried 3 different micro sims (Orange, Vodafone and O2) and while the phone recognises there is a sim in the handset I can't make or receive calls due to the "no service" status!
    It's gone back to Nokia today and I am not happy at all as this will be the 3rd time in 5 weeks I have had to return handsets to Nokia!