Lego Wireless Charging Stand - Not the prettiest but it works!

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I saw a post awhile back from someone who built a stand for their phone using Legos. I figured why not try using Legos to build a stand for my charging plate/phone instead of attempting to use any other sort of building material. I was limited to the pick-a-part wall at the Lego store but here is what I came up with. It's not the prettiest thing but it works well! The plate is being prevented from tipping over by some Legos holding the cable in place. There is a slot for the phone to rest in that still allows access to all the buttons. The clear Lego on top rests over the charging plate light so it glows and I can easily tell if the phone is still charging (tried to take a picture).

Anyways, it may look kinda stupid/or very cool but it was a fun project using the Legos I had access to.

V__5D65.jpegWP_20130123_029.jpgWP_20130123_037.jpgWP_20130123_038.jpgV__4571.jpegV__ACBC.jpegWP_20130123_027.jpg

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is that with a bog standard wireless charging plate (not the stand)? If so, I might do that and add in room for an NFC sticker. So I can get a faux-pas stand :p

Screw that! How many of you remember K'nex? If I get a free wireless charging stand I plan to build a K'nex Wireless Charging Stand.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Is that with a bog standard wireless charging plate (not the stand)? If so, I might do that and add in room for an NFC sticker. So I can get a faux-pas stand :p

Screw that! How many of you remember K'nex? If I get a free wireless charging stand I plan to build a K'nex Wireless Charging Stand.
That is the standard charging plate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss