Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By kuffcakes

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I saw a post awhile back from someone who built a stand for their phone using Legos. I figured why not try using Legos to build a stand for my charging plate/phone instead of attempting to use any other sort of building material. I was limited to the pick-a-part wall at the Lego store but here is what I came up with. It's not the prettiest thing but it works well! The plate is being prevented from tipping over by some Legos holding the cable in place. There is a slot for the phone to rest in that still allows access to all the buttons. The clear Lego on top rests over the charging plate light so it glows and I can easily tell if the phone is still charging (tried to take a picture).

Anyways, it may look kinda stupid/or very cool but it was a fun project using the Legos I had access to.

v__5d65.jpegwp_20130123_029.jpgwp_20130123_037.jpgwp_20130123_038.jpgv__4571.jpegv__acbc.jpegwp_20130123_027.jpg

Love it!

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    WOW! THATS AWESOME!! Already on amazon to buy some new LEGO!! :)

As a Lego fan myself, I totally approve of this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Is that with a bog standard wireless charging plate (not the stand)? If so, I might do that and add in room for an NFC sticker. So I can get a faux-pas stand :P

Screw that! How many of you remember K'nex? If I get a free wireless charging stand I plan to build a K'nex Wireless Charging Stand.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Is that with a bog standard wireless charging plate (not the stand)? If so, I might do that and add in room for an NFC sticker. So I can get a faux-pas stand :P

Screw that! How many of you remember K'nex? If I get a free wireless charging stand I plan to build a K'nex Wireless Charging Stand.
    That is the standard charging plate.