Batter issue(not same as everyone else..it seems

smileyh

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
So I am just browsing through wpcentral on board express, and I check the app battery sense. It says I'm discharging at 15% an hour!! I am on a replacement phone, and the previous phone had better battery life, will it fix itself like others say you think? Or do I need a new phone:(
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

smileyh

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
And after a few more minutes it is up to 29% an hour, and it seems to be true, checked %ant 11:59 and it was at 33% then at 12, it was at 29%...4% a minute!!! Freaking ridiculous!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
If the phone is new, battery will require "breakin" period. If that's what it is. That's about where I started with mine, got down to about 7-9% pre-portico and now I have about 3%/hr on Att Lte. I regretted buying phone due to the abysmal battery life at first, but now its better than my BB 9810. So I can't complain.

I actually did a factory reset on a full charge after about a week on Portico and whether coincidence or not, I went from 7-9% to 3-4% overnight and I have been able to turn on all of my email accounts, notifications and background services since reset and keep 3%. Try soft reset every morning and see if it gets any better. If not might give hard reset a try but beware, there were issues with hard reset earlier. Nokia may have resolved them with portico. Search forums for info. Seemed to have the most impact on mine.

I would give it a couple of weeks unless you are in 14day window with carrier. I returned first 920 on 14th day due to battery concerns. #2 wasn't any better than first so I stuck with it and now I have great battery life for LTE.

smileyh

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
thank you, I tried a soft reset this morning, didn't work, maybe I will give it a while.. I have had the phone for a couple months, but also on 4th replacement

will try your suggestions though, thank you

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My phone is new and running any app will drain the battery at 30% an hour. But just by itself it runs at about 1% an hour which was better than my previous phone which lost 4-7% an hour in standby. Today is day 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

NokFromApp

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Try chatting with a Nokia support person. I searched for nokia support, then went to contact us and then clicked on online chat. It was for a different problem, but they were quite responsive.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How is this NOT the same as everyone else? lol..

Sounds the same Random usage. Yesterday my phone had a bad day. Was using 30% an hour at one point after playing a game. Today, it's currently using 2.7% an hour. Go figure.

Yes, I back out of apps to "close" them all. (Although this doesn't apparently stop IE running in the background, so I suspect it makes no difference to other apps too!)

Patiently waiting for the next firmware update...

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset works some times when a rogue app is responsible or when the battery stats is guilty of miscalculation. I had Battery Sense but the damn tile wouldn't update at all unless I opened it manually. The drop showed by the app on the other hand was staggering. My discharge rate varied from -22 to -3.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset works some times when a rogue app is responsible or when the battery stats is guilty of miscalculation. I had Battery Sense but the damn tile wouldn't update at all unless I opened it manually. The drop showed by the app on the other hand was staggering. My discharge rate varied from -22 to -3.

Once I unloaded Battery Sense my random drains are a issue of the past. I rely on the settings battery app. Mostly because I don't have to keep looking for a battery drain. But that's only my experience. Carry on.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Once I unloaded Battery Sense my random drains are a issue of the past. I rely on the settings battery app. Mostly because I don't have to keep looking for a battery drain. But that's only my experience. Carry on.

I had to install BS (lol) because my phone battery wasn't lasting enough as my original 920. I wanted to see what the charge/discharge cycles looked like. Now am back to WP battery status but, I need to solve this issue of battery drain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss