- 01-26-2013, 05:10 AM #1
Yesterday I took few video recording using my Lumia 920 in 1080 format. I noticed that a 4Min video consumes almost 700MB Space. So a 40 minute video might consume around 7GB space, an 80 minute video might consume around 14GB space.
The Lord of the Rings in 1080P format takes 8GB space and its duration is nearly 4 hours (director's cut). So I believe Lumia 920 doesn't record videos in H.264 compressed format. Is there a utility that will record video using this format?
01-26-2013, 11:08 AM #4
- 7 Posts
Because there are multiple variables that determine the file size for a certain video length. Your Lord of the Rings h264 movie will probably be the result of a multi-pass encode. This means that the source movie (Blu-Ray) is first analysed in a first pass and then encoded in a second pass. When shooting live video you can't do this. That's one reason for the bigger file size, another is the bitrate. Usually, for a h264 encode of a Blu-Ray, people tend to aim for a certain file size when encoding. So the encoder actually limits the bitrate to a lower, fixed value or the encoding process uses a variable bitrate and makes sure that the eventual file doesn't become larger than the requested file size. For your Lumia, the bitrate is fixed. I'm not sure how high it is, but I think it's quite high, probably in the range of 10 to 20 Mbps.
- By Doug Miller1 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 45Last Post: 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM
- By serdar3500 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 4Last Post: 12-23-2012, 11:26 AM
- By tebugg in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM
- By LEC 360 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 10-13-2012, 05:11 AM
- By astroXP in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 09-05-2012, 06:46 PM