Apple Stung a Little?

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
According to Mac Rumors, a big feature of the iPhone 5 S will be an updated camera.
From the article:
The iPhone 5S is still months away from mass production, but our source suspects that the star feature will be an upgraded rear camera—perhaps featuring Sony’s 13-Megapixel sensor, plus the aforementioned flash upgrade—along with a processor bump.

Makes me wonder if Nokia is having some success in the public's mind if Apple is making an updated camera the star feature of the next iPhone.

I hope Nokia comes out at MWC and blows whatever Apple has planned out of the water.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Phones always get bigger and better parts, that is the easiest upgrade path and that is why the iPhone basically is the same phone after 5 years.

apple and all phone manufacturers need to keep adding new features to stay in the lead which is why phones like the 920 get a lot of attention due to having game changing things like optical image stabilization.

a higher mega pixel camera is not really innovative and apple need to do more than that to excite people again. In the meantime this is the time windows phone can eat market share as it does things the iPhone doesn't.

anon(5335899)

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
A 13 Mpix camera won't fit in a body at least as slim as the 5 so no, it can't be done. iPhone is design over functionality so unless it fits the design it's not going in

abhishek8605

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
If Apple puts a 13MP camera in their phone, I am pretty sure the iSheep will flock to it. They will all claim it's better because it has more MPs than other phones, and that's what will make other people buy it.

bobsentell

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If Apple puts a 13MP camera in their phone, I am pretty sure the iSheep will flock to it. They will all claim it's better because it has more MPs than other phones, and that's what will make other people buy it.

Unless Nokia comes out at MWC and says "Look at our 14MP Lumia camera!"

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
According to Mac Rumors, a big feature of the iPhone 5 S will be an updated camera.
From the article:
The iPhone 5S is still months away from mass production, but our source suspects that the star feature will be an upgraded rear camera?perhaps featuring Sony?s 13-Megapixel sensor, plus the aforementioned flash upgrade?along with a processor bump.

Makes me wonder if Nokia is having some success in the public's mind if Apple is making an updated camera the star feature of the next iPhone.

I hope Nokia comes out at MWC and blows whatever Apple has planned out of the water.

Rumors of the iPhone 5 (not this iPhone 5, but the one after the 4 that people thought would be the 5) were like this, with OMG! A bigger screen, better camera (not much of a difference), LTE, completely new design, and more. From the 3G to the 3GS, the 4 to the 4S, I think the iPhone 5S will be like that too. Let's see, 12 MP camera, more colors, A7 chips, MAYBE LTE advanced, Apple's version of NFC, and a higher resolution display. Nothing new to the table.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon