Wi-Fi issues on Lumia 920

MarcXW

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm having issues with my WIFI on my Lumia 920. I can't connect to most networks I find, including my home network. This is the message I'm getting:
GetImage.ashx

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues? If so, does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

devil.insulted

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm having issues with my WIFI on my Lumia 920. I can't connect to most networks I find, including my home network. This is the message I'm getting:

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues? If so, does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

I cannot see any message, can you copy paste it again.

MarcXW

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's another link to skydrive: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D482A459A3C98D8B!1813&authkey=!ABlIZKMWS5oKQx8
And just in case that doesn't work, the message is: "Your phone couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi network because there was no response from the network. Please try again later."
The thing is I know it's not the network itself, because 3 computers are connected without any problems, and it does this on many different networks as well.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to say what is the problem. sometimes you're trying to connect to something that's is too far away. Windows phones have a tendency to report higher signal levels than what it actually is.

Sometimes its settings from your router you need to change to allow it.

Sometimes, schools, business, have some security settings that windows phone are incompatible with.

Don't know what to say,

First start by manually connecting to it. Hit the advanced button in WiFi and enter as if you're trying to connect to a hidden network?

MarcXW

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response. I've tried doing what you said and connecting manually, but that did not help. I should add that this phone has already connected to this Wi-Fi in the past and I am in the same room as the router. This has also happened to me at a friend's house. One day the Wi-Fi was fine, the next it didn't work, and a couple days later it started working again. I don't think (and I really hope not) this could be a hardware issue, as it has connected fine in the past, and my phone detects the networks perfectly fine. Seeing as I've never had any other of the commonly reported problems with my Lumia 920 (except dust under ffc, which I don't care about), I really hope this isn't a hardware problem, as I don't want to have to return a perfectly fine phone. I guess I could try to wait for Portico and see if that helps.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok that may explain things. Members in forums have talked about WiFi problems and those problems being rectified in the portico update. Thought you may have had that update already.

My last advice would be for you to choose to "forget" delete that network, restart and try again. If not hope you find a solution fast.

Arya Mehran

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I have similar issues as well. It's mostly fine at home, but at university, it's really intermittent. I can't have a Skype conversation for even a couple of minutes on WiFi. It disconnects, bad quality, etc. Same with viber, video streaming, and other services. However, if I turn off the Wifi and use the LTE everything is really nice and smooth. I have a lumia 920.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Its hard to say what is the problem. sometimes you're trying to connect to something that's is too far away. Windows phones have a tendency to report higher signal levels than what it actually is.

The WiFi signal indicator is not a strength indicator, even though it looks like it.

Ali Babba

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you scanned to see how many other WAPs are using the same channel and tried changing it? Since wi-fi is a shared medium if there's a bunch of AP's nearby that use the same channels it can interfere with the signal. Plus you also have to deal with other devices that can mess up reception.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster