Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I've searched, but to no avail..

I'm looking for a headset/headphones/earbuds that are compatible with my Lumia 920. I need the type that has 3 buttons - a volume up, volume down, and third button that has the Play/Pause/Next/Prev functionality. I would like a microphone as well! I have a pair of Samsung earbuds like this (came with the Focus S I believe), but the 3rd button does nothing when plugged into the Lumia 920.

I do know about the Nokia Purity, but that is entirely too large - I'd prefer something much smaller or in-ear buds.

Thank you!
    Samsung Focus → Samsung Focus S → HTC Titan → Nokia Lumia 920 :)

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    They make Nokia purity ear buds....http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-Purity-S...wpcentral00-20

They work perfectly, I have white ones to match my 920

I didn't know that. That is exactly what I want, but I don't use them often enough to justify a $95 pricetag..

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    You could check out Motorola Motorokr S305. They connect via Bluetooth and are the neck band type. They have volume and track controls and are fairly light and compact. Depending on what part of the world you are in you should be able to pick some up for 50 bucks?

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The headphones from my S3 actually work perfectly. Might want to find a set of those

Look into ue350vm by Logitech. The sound is amazing! It has volume up down and play pause, call/end. Just not sure about the next or previous tracks. But these headphones are simply stunning and there only $59. Personally I'd put these on par with the $100 to $120 dollar pairs out there. And they come with a case and several different size silicone tips. And there sweat resistant. (Mine also came with extra cable thingy to use something about connections). Also another tid bit is they come with a two year warranty from the mfg, which is great. �� there earbuds.

I'm going to buy a pair of headphones that have volume control buttons, and a mic button. I have been using my Zune v2 headphones for years though now my connector is starting to come apart due to the constant pulling of the cord over the years. These headphones I've been looking at also have the cloth covered cord, so that the headphones are less prone to tangle up. But...they are kinda crazy looking! I actually saw them at a local store, and thought they were pretty neat and then looked at a review.

The audio connector on the headphones is very sturdy, especially when you pull it out of the audio jack. That for me is a major concern since my new Samsung Ativ 700t tablet's audio jack seems to be a tight fit on my Zune headphones. I have to tug a bit harder just to remove my headphones from the port! Though with the new headphones, the audio jack resembles a mini-adapter and is made up of sturdy plastic that's extremely hard to bend.

Here's the link to the headphones I'm thinking about picking up: Amazon.com: The House of Marley EM-JE013-RO People Get Ready - Jammin' In-Ear Headphone with 3-Button Mic - Royal: Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited by angelsimaren; 01-26-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention something...

Well this is weird. After playing with the headset buttons, it looks like the Samsung Focus S headset buttons are working with the Lumia 920.. but only sometimes.. Sometimes the button press or double-press does nothing.. Also sometimes the double-press does pause/play.

Quote Originally Posted by feedmylittletroll View Post
    The headphones from my S3 actually work perfectly. Might want to find a set of those
    Do you think this is them? New Samsung Galaxy S3 3 5mm Hand Free in Ear Headset | eBay

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    If you're looking at the Logitech's 350vi they're on sale right meow in daily steals for $23 shipped. http://www.dailysteals.com/

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Those look like the ones they ship with the ATIV S. They work fine for what you are asking for.

Shouldn't the Focus S headset work perfectly? It really works terribly with the Lumia 920.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    The ones that came with my 1gen Focus works perfectly. All the buttons work on the 920 as they did on my Focus. Still waiting on the Logitech 350vi to arrive next week to test them out.

Quote Originally Posted by RumpRoast View Post
    If you're looking at the Logitech's 350vi they're on sale right meow in daily steals for $23 shipped. Daily Deals | One Deal A Day | Dailysteals.com | Main
    Logitech ue350vi do not work with windows products or androids. Its a apple compatibility only. But the 350vm model works really well. Like really really well.

The ones that came with my 1gen Focus works perfectly. All the buttons work on the 920 as they did on my Focus. Still waiting on the Logitech 350vi to arrive next week to test them out.
    you need the 350vm unless you plan on using them with apple products. I know I've tried them.

You might get a better price for Nokia Purity Monster WH-920 ... and they works very well for sure, no worries about that ...

Genuine Nokia WH 920 Purity Stereo Headsets Fuchsia | eBay

Nokia WH-920 Purity In-Ear Wired Stereo Headphones - Black

Quote Originally Posted by Jari P View Post
    You might get a better price for Nokia Purity Monster WH-920 ... and they works very well for sure, no worries about that ...

Genuine Nokia WH 920 Purity Stereo Headsets Fuchsia | eBay

Nokia WH-920 Purity In-Ear Wired Stereo Headphones - Black
    in U.S. those are currently going for more than the Logitech 350vm. Amazon or eBay.

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll just give them to my wife then. She's been complaining about her jbuds lately

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll just give them to my wife then. She's been complaining about her jbuds lately
    your welcome. I know the vi version supports tracks forward and back. Its just a shame most of these companies don't make there products fully compatible for the whole range of products. You think they would though because that could be more money for them and less spent developing products for individual types. But I do live by my 350vm's. Best for the price by a long shot.