- 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM #26
- 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM #27
I did mine last night.. Left the phone at 65%. Put it in airplane mode. Woke up 7 hours later. it was at the 52%.
Meh. Microsoft/Nokia will fix this soon enough. I'm pretty sure they probably already have an update in the works but they want to push out portico first globally. Then a few weeks later, we should get another update.
- 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM #28
- 01-27-2013, 05:17 PM #30
In my case, the phone, which is 820 and has less battery than 920, is now more than 9 hours and expected to last about 1 day (according to battery sense). I just follow one of the tips here. This included receiving calls for about 2 hours, opening a Google Reader client and surfing Internet.
Previously, I used the phone as a second phone and can easily get 1 day without using data. Now I am using it as the main phone. I can leave my Samsung Tab 3G at home now.
Perhaps there is some settings on your phone that drain your battery.
01-27-2013, 06:22 PM #34
- 8 Posts
Turn off "location" in settings. Your apps will still update live tiles based on rough location determinations from cell tower locations, but, the GPS will no longer be constantly turning on and off to get an exact location for each and every application that is asking for such. My battery drain went from 10% per hour at idle down to 1.2% per hour at idle.
- By Johnnycat13 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 13Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
- By rmichael75 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 12-01-2012, 03:39 AM
- By mrgstiffler in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 50Last Post: 11-21-2012, 07:12 AM
- By BrownxGoblin in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 1Last Post: 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM
- By jalb in forum Other OS's and DevicesReplies: 5Last Post: 08-31-2012, 02:31 AM