Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    There is an easy test to see if this has anything to do with the battery drain... turn off wireless for a couple of hours!
    ok... I decided to do this myself. So I turned the phone into AirPlane mode.... no Wifi/Cell/NFC.

Result - battery drain the same before as after over a couple of hours...

As I thought: the issue is to do with rogue apps/OS, not bad cell service.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I did mine last night.. Left the phone at 65%. Put it in airplane mode. Woke up 7 hours later. it was at the 52%.

Meh. Microsoft/Nokia will fix this soon enough. I'm pretty sure they probably already have an update in the works but they want to push out portico first globally. Then a few weeks later, we should get another update.

My battery life has improved dramatically by setting the gmail to manual sync. I forward all my gmail messages to my windows live account. So far it's 20 plus hours compared to 6 to 8 hours before. This is on my 820.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethsd View Post
    And I'm still not satisfied with the battery. I know battery issue is a pan to deal with here and I'm truly sorry. I did a soft/hard reset, fully drained the battery about 4 times now, turned off all the things i don't use, but yet, it still drop about 5% per hour with barely/light usage. I mostly text 25-50 messages per hour (could this be the problem? that would be odd) and it would drop about 10%. This is my third Lumia 920 and I really don't feel like going through another process of getting another one. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zack251 View Post
    My battery life has improved dramatically by setting the gmail to manual sync. I forward all my gmail messages to my windows live account. So far it's 20 plus hours compared to 6 to 8 hours before. This is on my 820.
    I've had 5 gmail accounts running for 12 hours with no drain. So it's not that. Also, you'd expect Airplane mode to stop that as the accounts can't sync anyway!

In my case, the phone, which is 820 and has less battery than 920, is now more than 9 hours and expected to last about 1 day (according to battery sense). I just follow one of the tips here. This included receiving calls for about 2 hours, opening a Google Reader client and surfing Internet.
    Previously, I used the phone as a second phone and can easily get 1 day without using data. Now I am using it as the main phone. I can leave my Samsung Tab 3G at home now.
    Perhaps there is some settings on your phone that drain your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    I've had 5 gmail accounts running for 12 hours with no drain. So it's not that. Also, you'd expect Airplane mode to stop that as the accounts can't sync anyway!

BTW I still have my Windows Live account syncing hourly as well as my Yahoo account.

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    What it means is that WP8 OS has problems allowing "idle" apps to be actually running and consuming battery.
    I initially got some bad battery life but once I deleted a battery widget app and cut down apps running in the background to three I've been getting over a day easy! 😃

Turn off "location" in settings. Your apps will still update live tiles based on rough location determinations from cell tower locations, but, the GPS will no longer be constantly turning on and off to get an exact location for each and every application that is asking for such. My battery drain went from 10% per hour at idle down to 1.2% per hour at idle.

Sometimes my lumia run over 7 hours, but when I use whatsapp, twitter, check mail, and game 4/5.

The last firmware is 1249.1001?

when i'm in an LTE area, my battery barely makes it through the day. i also spent a lot of time in an area with only HSPA+ and my battery lasted about two days
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12