- 01-27-2013, 03:43 AM #1
Apps are occupying my phone's memory space. Here is the detailed view of it.
I want to get the list of apps those are consuming such huge space and remove. I tried by removing few apps but space did not reduce drastically. I searched online but did not get any useful article or post or app which give me some insight on app memory usage in details.
- 01-27-2013, 06:17 AM #2
There really isn't a way to view detailed application usage of system memory. You must have a **** of a lot of apps to consume that amount of storage. I would say the biggest users of storage space would be games, especially 3D games.
- 01-27-2013, 12:15 PM #3
thanks for your response. I removed all gaming (5) apps but still space did not reduce much! along with 3D games; map applications can consume a lot memory (but not this much). Even Nokia Maps having max 300MB space (I have downloaded California, Seattle and Texas maps). SO, only suspicious thing remaining is 'virus' attack! But why would virus file(s) list under apps? it would have been listed under 'other' category.
Well, there is only 'reset phone' option remaining for me to get rid of this *****
- 01-28-2013, 08:52 PM #4
I tried with software reset but it was taking too much time. Then I did 'hardware reset' = volume key down + power key + camera key => hold till mobile switches off (phone vibrates) => then volume key down + camera key for 4-5 seconds.
After this actual reset process starts. Don't panic it takes 15 min (in my case) to complete. Again your mobile will restart and then you can see phone configuration screen. Peace. .. ..
- By Dileep 1 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 3Last Post: 04-17-2014, 12:46 PM
- By Nabkawe5 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 285Last Post: 10-02-2013, 11:18 AM
- By Soxpranos in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 07-27-2013, 07:44 PM
- By BrownxGoblin in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 25Last Post: 11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
- By MikaelSmoot in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 5Last Post: 10-27-2012, 03:33 AM