- 01-27-2013, 01:00 PM #1
My wife and I have been using the Lumia 920 since February without any autocorrect problems that I can recall. My sister just got a Lumia 920 last week and is complaining that the autocorrect is slow to correct misspelled words and even has been known to change words to something else after she clicks send on a message. Has anyone else noticed an issue like this - either slow autocorrect or correcting after clicking send on a message? It is driving my sister crazy and I can't figure out how to help her, since I have not noticed this issue myself on my phone or my wife's phone. She had a Samsung Focus for 2 years and loved it, but she is somewhat cranky with this issue and a couple other things now that she has moved to Windows Phone 8. I think this is her biggest annoyance though.
Does autocorrect need to just "learn" her typing style or something? We held both of our red Lumia 920s up next to each other and intentionally misspelled the same word the same way and mine autocorrected instantly to the correct word, but hers just left it with a red squiggly line under it.
Any tips would be appreciated!
01-27-2013, 03:30 PM #2
- 33 Posts
Never had that problem.
I can think of 5 possible things you could check out:
- Installed correct keyboard language (see Settings -> Keyboard)
- Selected correct keyboard language when typing? (see left button next to the Smiley button on virtual Keyboard)
- Try reset text suggestions (Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Reset suggestions (I only have a german Lumia 920, so I don't know the exact displayed text on this))
- Try reset Office (Settings -> swipe to left to get to Applications -> Office -> Reset Office (I think spell checker functionality is used from Office, but maybe I'm wrong)
- and last: you coul'd try a hard reset and see if it fixes your problem
Hope this helps!
- By DaveGx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 12Last Post: 12-05-2013, 05:53 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 83Last Post: 01-20-2012, 04:32 AM
- By Coolaaron88 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2011, 09:17 PM
- By thanos911 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 152Last Post: 09-25-2011, 01:09 AM
- By Mulupuru in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 09-08-2011, 10:42 PM