Autocorrect - Delayed fixing of words

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I have been using the Lumia 920 since February without any autocorrect problems that I can recall. My sister just got a Lumia 920 last week and is complaining that the autocorrect is slow to correct misspelled words and even has been known to change words to something else after she clicks send on a message. Has anyone else noticed an issue like this - either slow autocorrect or correcting after clicking send on a message? It is driving my sister crazy and I can't figure out how to help her, since I have not noticed this issue myself on my phone or my wife's phone. She had a Samsung Focus for 2 years and loved it, but she is somewhat cranky with this issue and a couple other things now that she has moved to Windows Phone 8. I think this is her biggest annoyance though.

Does autocorrect need to just "learn" her typing style or something? We held both of our red Lumia 920s up next to each other and intentionally misspelled the same word the same way and mine autocorrected instantly to the correct word, but hers just left it with a red squiggly line under it.

Any tips would be appreciated!

deepblue82

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Never had that problem.

I can think of 5 possible things you could check out:

1. Installed correct keyboard language (see Settings -> Keyboard)
  2. Selected correct keyboard language when typing? (see left button next to the Smiley button on virtual Keyboard)
  3. Try reset text suggestions (Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Reset suggestions (I only have a german Lumia 920, so I don't know the exact displayed text on this))
  4. Try reset Office (Settings -> swipe to left to get to Applications -> Office -> Reset Office (I think spell checker functionality is used from Office, but maybe I'm wrong)
  5. and last: you coul'd try a hard reset and see if it fixes your problem

Hope this helps!

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes! Noticed my 920 doesn't autocorrect as fast as my focus S. Its a bummer but I'm learning to give it a split second longer. It turns the best keyboard into a bit of a downer.

bellyer

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
The really weird thing though is that my wife's Lumia 920 and my Lumia 920 both autocorrect instantly - no delay whatsoever. There is a noticeable delay though on my sister's. It's really weird.

Rohan Bhadgaonkar1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Before I restarted my phone, the i used to get auto corrected to "I" in caps, but it doesnt happen anymore. even some of the words that used to get auto corrected do not work. What you think is the issue in the keyboard?!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss