Lumia 920's WITH issues vs. Lumia 920's withOUT issues?

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is a ten page thread about proximity sensor issues on the Nokia forums. So this issue at least seems fairly widespread

I wonder if the whole bricking issue when performing a hard reset is a widespread issue because I bet MOST Lumia 920 users don't perform hard resets to know.

Raghu Gundlapalli

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
My Old Lumia 920 used to just shutdown some times, i had to do a soft reset to switch on my phone, surprisingly in the night when i am charging not using it, Drive + Beta was having issues too, just used to get struck, some times doesn't show my location, it used to get warm when i am charging, i did a warranty exchange, i had new lumia 920 for over 3 weeks now & no issues what so ever. unfortunately i did a warranty exchange with in 30 days i still got a refurbished phone. So YES some phones do have quality issues, but if they are working fine they are great phones. Still not thrilled with still photos though cant take sharp photos, great videos for sure.

kcovert

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been mostly trouble free, on rare occasions I've had to do a hard reset but believe apps caused them. Might want to take note of the last app you ran, or are still running, when and if a problems pops up.

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 920 to test out.

Seems problem free so far. WIll make it my daily driver for a bit when the nano-sim adapter delivers.

What exactly is the vibration rattle? I guess I feel like this unit may have it but honestly, just feels like vibration to me.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been mostly trouble free, on rare occasions I've had to do a hard reset but believe apps caused them. Might want to take note of the last app you ran, or are still running, when and if a problems pops up.
Did you perform an actual HARD reset or just a soft reset (volume down + power button)? If so, you can check off another known Lumia 920 issue off your list. Many have had their phones frozen up (or bricked) after performing a hard reset.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
My replacement one creaks at the sim tray, down the bottom and when hot, around the volume rocker. I can live with it though. My first 920 creaked badly along the whole left side. Apart from that, no other issues.

ChiTomH

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
My replacement one creaks at the sim tray, down the bottom and when hot, around the volume rocker. I can live with it though. My first 920 creaked badly along the whole left side. Apart from that, no other issues.
Pardon my Midwestern US understanding of English, but here, creaking means a creaking noise. Maybe where you live creaking = cracking? Is that you're problem, that there is some sort of a gap in the casing of the phone as it heats up?

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Bad lumia 920s are not more than a 20%.Check reviews

Bad lumia 920s are not more than 15%.
I checked user reviews.
Nokia Lumia 920 User Reviews - page 2
2 bad reviews out of 36
Nokia Lumia 920 User Reviews - Smartphones - CNET Reviews
93 excellent out of 100
Lumia 920 Specs & Latest News | Nokia | The Verge
70 reviews no freeze
Nokia Lumia 920 reviews, compare mobile phone prices and deals - Reevoo
57 reviews 2 freezes
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nokia Lumia 920 4G Windows Phone, Black (AT&T)...
207 reviews with 183 4 and 5 stars

Marc Robson

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
If you have not yet purchased your 920, instead use your upgrade for an iPhone 5 and I will trade you my 920 plus $100 for your iPhone 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea