UK: Portico available on EE

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Not yet. Will I loose contacts and such, if I do so?

If you logged in using MSFT ID, your contacts and emails are synced. Your texts would have been backed up if you opted to back up texts. Same applies for your phone settings and photos. Your apps are also backed up. So in case anything goes wrong, you are safe. Try to charge your phone for a few minutes, then press volume down and power together till it vibrates.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
BTW, after Portico, my Marketplace is set to Chinese! I can't download any of my pre purchased apps! Yeah I opted in for a fresh install even when I had a back up for me. I might go back and restore that back up in worst case, but wanted to put it out there, that marketplace thinks I live in China!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hold "Volume Down" and "Power" keys for 5 seconds, the screen should turn black (phone is off)...press power again and you should be OK? This is akin to removing and replacing the battery...NO DATA SHOULD BE LOST

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated my sim free yellow 920 from p4u last night which i am using on Orange/EE, anyway i have noticed photos look alot sharper which is the main reason i updated but my battery life is now ridiculous and my phone seems to loose signal alot as well so now i feel like its crippled my phone not sure what to do. I only charged it 4 hours ago and its already 38% when it normally would still be in the high 90's.

Coulondre

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It amazes me how nowadays the priority goes to locked phones instead of unlocked ones... We (with the unlocked version) pay more and receive all the stuff later... Makes no sense.
+1
Same in France !
Nokia has the worst Policy and will loose again fans along with it...

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Have just updated mine, and the first thing I've noticed is that I'm getting '3G+' in my lounge. I rarely ever had 3G signal since I've had it, which I always thought weird.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Updated my sim free yellow 920 from p4u last night which i am using on Orange/EE, anyway i have noticed photos look alot sharper which is the main reason i updated but my battery life is now ridiculous and my phone seems to loose signal alot as well so now i feel like its crippled my phone not sure what to do. I only charged it 4 hours ago and its already 38% when it normally would still be in the high 90's.

It is because under settings - mobile networks - your phone is set to have 4G as highest connection. Since you are on OrangeEE, you won't get 4G. Change that to 3G and your phone will stop looking for 4G. With that setting you will drain your phone in less than 6 hours!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
got an interesting 'quirk' on my 920 post Portico update...the date/time is wrong. It's set to auto-update in Settings>date+time and is currently showing 07:33 3rd Dec...!!!!

Stu85

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
It is because under settings - mobile networks - your phone is set to have 4G as highest connection. Since you are on OrangeEE, you won't get 4G. Change that to 3G and your phone will stop looking for 4G. With that setting you will drain your phone in less than 6 hours!

Since the update, the loss of signal has been doing my head in but after looking all over the place for a solution and trying this, its worked a charm. My first post and a massive thanks

Cheers mate :cool:

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks rockstarzzz.

Strange, I only have 3G and 4G options. I have noticed the signal icon now also shows 3G+ which it didn't before. The brightness bug is tiresome!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
So checking my phone over post Portico the only issue I've picked up (so far) is the time and date getting reset to 1st Sept, 05:47 when/if I perform a soft reset (volume/power key).

It's annoying, but not the end of the world....anyone else having the same issue?

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Have just updated mine, and the first thing I've noticed is that I'm getting '3G+' in my lounge. I rarely ever had 3G signal since I've had it, which I always thought weird.

Noticed the 3G+ as well! I saw H+ for the first time a couple of weeks ago!

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So checking my phone over post Portico the only issue I've picked up (so far) is the time and date getting reset to 1st Sept, 05:47 when/if I perform a soft reset (volume/power key).

It's annoying, but not the end of the world....anyone else having the same issue?

Same here (post #30 in this thread), I thought it was carrier related (Virgin UK).

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks but i already did that my battery is still draining way too fast meh

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3