Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by DReevell View Post
    johnzilla - how's your phone now? Did the reset work?
    She's alive! Did a soft reset and it turned on and finished the install.

yay :-)

got an interesting 'quirk' on my 920 post Portico update...the date/time is wrong. It's set to auto-update in Settings>date+time and is currently showing 07:33 3rd Dec...!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    It is because under settings - mobile networks - your phone is set to have 4G as highest connection. Since you are on OrangeEE, you won't get 4G. Change that to 3G and your phone will stop looking for 4G. With that setting you will drain your phone in less than 6 hours!
    Since the update, the loss of signal has been doing my head in but after looking all over the place for a solution and trying this, its worked a charm. My first post and a massive thanks

Cheers mate

Thanks rockstarzzz.

Strange, I only have 3G and 4G options. I have noticed the signal icon now also shows 3G+ which it didn't before. The brightness bug is tiresome!

So checking my phone over post Portico the only issue I've picked up (so far) is the time and date getting reset to 1st Sept, 05:47 when/if I perform a soft reset (volume/power key).

It's annoying, but not the end of the world....anyone else having the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by rubin12 View Post
    Have just updated mine, and the first thing I've noticed is that I'm getting '3G+' in my lounge. I rarely ever had 3G signal since I've had it, which I always thought weird.
    Noticed the 3G+ as well! I saw H+ for the first time a couple of weeks ago!

So checking my phone over post Portico the only issue I've picked up (so far) is the time and date getting reset to 1st Sept, 05:47 when/if I perform a soft reset (volume/power key).

It's annoying, but not the end of the world....anyone else having the same issue?
    Same here (post #30 in this thread), I thought it was carrier related (Virgin UK).

I'm on EE, I've tried switching to 3G rather than 4G and it made no difference to me...

It is because under settings - mobile networks - your phone is set to have 4G as highest connection. Since you are on OrangeEE, you won't get 4G. Change that to 3G and your phone will stop looking for 4G. With that setting you will drain your phone in less than 6 hours!
    Thanks but i already did that my battery is still draining way too fast meh
    Definitely I've got 2G on EE.

wp_ss_20130129_0002.png
    Brightness bug was known from unofficial Portico and some peeps did complain about worse battery life, but overall battery life on my other Lumias updated unofficially has been satisfactory. Unofficial update did not give this 2G option on my other Lumias, but on this one with official update, now I see 2G selection which is strange.

I only have 3G & 4G...no 2G in my connection speed and I'm on EE...!

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
    Firmware: 1232.5951.1249.1017

This is the latest right?

Havnt really seen any battery improvements with this update. Considering the Brando power jacket.
    I only have 3G & 4G...no 2G in my connection speed and I'm on EE...!

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
    Firmware: 1232.5951.1249.1017

This is the latest right?
    Yeah you've got the latest firmware, but mine is older than that!

OS version is ditto, but Firmware is - 1232.2109.1242.1010
    Quote Originally Posted by DAIMONDY View Post
    Havnt really seen any battery improvements with this update. Considering the Brando power jacket.
    You wouldn't have really seen any battery improvements yet, considering its only been less than 48 hours since the update was released! Give it 2-3 discharge cycles.

You wouldn't have really seen any battery improvements yet, considering its only been less than 48 hours since the update was released! Give it 2-3 discharge cycles.
    Will do, thanks. Ill post if there is an obvious improvement.
    You just saved me a factory reset. No signal all day and battery dead under 10 hours...... now seems fine.... thankyou

I have also had the signal problems. If I switch to 3G as the highest connection will I still be able to connect with H+?

The update has also broke my proximity sensor, when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays off.

The Portico update worked wonders for the popping and static noises that I was getting. I kind of feel bad about it as I had my first phone replaced at the weekend because of the static.... Sorry Nokia, it wasn't your hardware at fault.

However, my brightness now alters all the time. I thought my eyes were playing up. It increases and decreases quit frequently and is awful at times. Battery life seems a little pants. I have used it a little though for calls, hard to say really.

Love the settings menu getting altered slightly. I actually got this when I first turned the phone on, then it went away.

Incidentally, the phone rarely gets H+ on the mobile network now, saw it once for a split second. Now I only seem to vet 3G+ most of the time.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

I got a sim free L920 with a orange sim (EE).. I have notice the H+ and 3g+ managed 14mb on H+ this morning. Which is wicked! BUT it seems to drop he signal completely often. And i have even change the settings to not automatically assign a network. Are you having this issue too?

Also i have what seems to be a worse battery life now and no issues with the screen set to auto..

Holy goodness... Just checked my battery, at 19%! It was at 68% literally 2 hours ago..... WHAT HAS PORTICO DONE?????
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Quote Originally Posted by peachy001 View Post
    Holy goodness... Just checked my battery, at 19%! It was at 68% literally 2 hours ago..... WHAT HAS PORTICO DONE?????
    Yeah my battery shocked me on the first charge after updating it drained in 6 hours flat however here's what I did:

Firstly like has been previously mentioned if your not using 4g make sure you change it to 3g in the settings.

Secondly I am not sure about most people here but I don't have my screen on full brightness well after the update it seems to set it to full automatically so I put it back to medium.

Thirdly check your background apps again because some of them I wasn't using seemed to get re-enabled.

Now once your phone goes dead charge again and it should hopefully be back to normal?, Mines been on 5 hours now on second charge and its only dropped to 97%.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by YouMeanNo View Post
    I have also had the signal problems. If I switch to 3G as the highest connection will I still be able to connect with H+?

The update has also broke my proximity sensor, when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays off.
    Mine was doing that too (before the update) I blew hard as I could into the ear piece and it sorted it.

Mine (no in EE but anyways) was in service because of rebooting and got phone back with portico installed. My short experience about portico was that automatic screen brightness adjustment was screwed up and also next day three reboots and phone back to service.

Not too happy right now...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast