UK: Portico available on EE

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Brightness bug was known from unofficial Portico and some peeps did complain about worse battery life, but overall battery life on my other Lumias updated unofficially has been satisfactory. Unofficial update did not give this 2G option on my other Lumias, but on this one with official update, now I see 2G selection which is strange.

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I only have 3G & 4G...no 2G in my connection speed and I'm on EE...!

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1232.5951.1249.1017

This is the latest right?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I only have 3G & 4G...no 2G in my connection speed and I'm on EE...!

OS Version: 8.0.10211.204
Firmware: 1232.5951.1249.1017

This is the latest right?

Yeah you've got the latest firmware, but mine is older than that!

OS version is ditto, but Firmware is - 1232.2109.1242.1010

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Havnt really seen any battery improvements with this update. Considering the Brando power jacket.

You wouldn't have really seen any battery improvements yet, considering its only been less than 48 hours since the update was released! Give it 2-3 discharge cycles.

johnfishcurtis

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
It is because under settings - mobile networks - your phone is set to have 4G as highest connection. Since you are on OrangeEE, you won't get 4G. Change that to 3G and your phone will stop looking for 4G. With that setting you will drain your phone in less than 6 hours!

You just saved me a factory reset. No signal all day and battery dead under 10 hours...... now seems fine.... thankyou

YouMeanNo

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have also had the signal problems. If I switch to 3G as the highest connection will I still be able to connect with H+?

The update has also broke my proximity sensor, when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays off.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The Portico update worked wonders for the popping and static noises that I was getting. I kind of feel bad about it as I had my first phone replaced at the weekend because of the static.... Sorry Nokia, it wasn't your hardware at fault.

However, my brightness now alters all the time. I thought my eyes were playing up. It increases and decreases quit frequently and is awful at times. Battery life seems a little pants. I have used it a little though for calls, hard to say really.

Love the settings menu getting altered slightly. I actually got this when I first turned the phone on, then it went away.

Incidentally, the phone rarely gets H+ on the mobile network now, saw it once for a split second. Now I only seem to vet 3G+ most of the time.

Bomberfrog

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a sim free L920 with a orange sim (EE).. I have notice the H+ and 3g+ managed 14mb on H+ this morning. Which is wicked! BUT it seems to drop he signal completely often. And i have even change the settings to not automatically assign a network. Are you having this issue too?

Also i have what seems to be a worse battery life now and no issues with the screen set to auto..

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Holy goodness... Just checked my battery, at 19%! It was at 68% literally 2 hours ago..... WHAT HAS PORTICO DONE?????

Yeah my battery shocked me on the first charge after updating it drained in 6 hours flat however here's what I did:

Firstly like has been previously mentioned if your not using 4g make sure you change it to 3g in the settings.

Secondly I am not sure about most people here but I don't have my screen on full brightness well after the update it seems to set it to full automatically so I put it back to medium.

Thirdly check your background apps again because some of them I wasn't using seemed to get re-enabled.

Now once your phone goes dead charge again and it should hopefully be back to normal?, Mines been on 5 hours now on second charge and its only dropped to 97%.

johnzilla

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have also had the signal problems. If I switch to 3G as the highest connection will I still be able to connect with H+?

The update has also broke my proximity sensor, when I take the phone away from my ear the screen stays off.

Mine was doing that too (before the update) I blew hard as I could into the ear piece and it sorted it.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine (no in EE but anyways) was in service because of rebooting and got phone back with portico installed. My short experience about portico was that automatic screen brightness adjustment was screwed up and also next day three reboots and phone back to service.

Not too happy right now...

leebaboon

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those lucky guys with my phone, never had any lock ups or problems of any nature. With EE and noticed the available update to Portico last night, ran through the installation and got confirmation that it had updated successfully. Since then, I have had every problem you could possibly imagine. I have had to do at least 5 soft resets in the last 12 hours, most of the time I reach for the phone and it has switched off!! Absolutely livid, how can an update do more harm than good. My phone is now useless, I rely on it for my job but as it randomly turns off I am pretty much stuffed!

DReevell

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Apart from the issue with the Date/Time following soft reset everything else seems to be OK for me (so far)...no random reboots, battery life seems about the same as before, camera looks just a little sharper, all background app were left in same state as before.

Reading through the long list of issues that users have reported maybe I'm one of the lucky few, or I've not had it installed long enough to experience the problems. I'll keep a close eye on the phone over the next couple of days and report back any issues I find.

hamphlet

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Got my Lumia 920 updated yesterday on UK EE & immediately noticed a big improvement in the signal at home. Now seeing up to 3G+ where in the past I had been lucky to get H. At work though it's a very different kettle of fish. There the signal was always poor too, but whilst I have again seen a slight improvement I have found that the phone completely loses signal & doesn't get it back. This required a few restarts yesterday. Last night as I was leaving I noticed it was showing 'No Service' again. I drove the three miles home & this did not change at any point on the way. I had to restart the phone to get it working again. I had a look this morning & noticed that the phone was set to 4G for highest connection speed. I don't have a 4G sim so I've changed it to 3G. Can't see this making much difference, but you never know. If not I'll have to head back to the Orange shop.

BPuk

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I was one of those lucky guys with my phone, never had any lock ups or problems of any nature. With EE and noticed the available update to Portico last night, ran through the installation and got confirmation that it had updated successfully. Since then, I have had every problem you could possibly imagine. I have had to do at least 5 soft resets in the last 12 hours, most of the time I reach for the phone and it has switched off!! Absolutely livid, how can an update do more harm than good. My phone is now useless, I rely on it for my job but as it randomly turns off I am pretty much stuffed!

I think you may be able to roll it back to before the update via windowsphone.com account? Sure I've seen something on there before about updates...or maybe I'm getting mixed up with my old Lumia 800 and Zune...?

stueyboy

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine using Nokia care suite a couple of weeks ago when the update first showed up. I've had none of the problems that people are seeing in this thread since which is odd. The only thing I can suggest is that I had to do a complete overwrite so was effectively doing a hard reset and clean install so maybe it's not the software but the update process which is causing this issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3