UK: Portico available on EE

leebaboon

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Talked to Nokia support this morning after another few shut downs. Was told I should perform a hard reset and see if that fixes things.

Just had to contact them again as it has been showing the cogs moving for over 3 hours now!! Spoke to a guy called Jonathan who told me that their 920 took around 4 hours to complete a hard reset, apparently its dependent on how much data the phone has stored. Not feeling very confident but we shall see.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That seemed to go pretty smoothly. It appeared to hang after downloading, but a bit of waiting revealed that it hadn't done.

Does anyone know if Portico fixes the hard reset/brick problem? I've wanted to do a hard reset for ages, but I haven't dared since bricking my old phone by doing one.

MohamedIdle

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The only issues I have noticed so far on mine since the update is the fact that the brightness seems to have a hard time adjusting itself and staying the way it is so its sort of distracting when using the phone. The second thing I have noticed is the fact that the battery life seems to have gotten worse for me as I seem to have lost 15% of battery in the space of three hours which never used to happen before....I'm hoping the problem somehow is related to the fact that the phone needs time adjust with the update so here is me hoping for the best at the moment.

Anyone else notice the same things as me ?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Then in that case, I've never come across the bricking of any of my Lumias solely because I kept thinking Hard reset = vol down + power :p
So how do you actually hard reset this then? Not that I would want to risk a brick ;)

BTW, may I add that after 2 complete discharge cycles post-update, I have used my phone on 3G (whatsapp installed), for about 9 hours now and only lost 16%. Idle time out of 9 hours is about 7 hours. Other 2, while travelling, I've listened to music, streamed online as well AND used whatsapp a few minutes here and there.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The only issues I have noticed so far on mine since the update is the fact that the brightness seems to have a hard time adjusting itself and staying the way it is so its sort of distracting when using the phone. The second thing I have noticed is the fact that the battery life seems to have gotten worse for me as I seem to have lost 15% of battery in the space of three hours which never used to happen before....I'm hoping the problem somehow is related to the fact that the phone needs time adjust with the update so here is me hoping for the best at the moment.

Anyone else notice the same things as me ?

The auto-brightness thing is very disappointing. It used to work perfectly. Now I've just turned it off because it's so distracting.

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hard reset is when you go into settings->about-> reset your phone. I think you can do it with *both* volume buttons and power too, but i'm not sure. When I did it via the settings menu to try and fix a problem with my old one, it simply killed it which is a known issue.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked, 3 kids running free at the mo, not getting a minute to read the thread at the minute! Just got an update (Orange Customer), got all excited obviously, but the Firmware says 1232.5951.1249.1017 - OS 8.0 10211.204 .... according to quick google search this isn't portico (1249.... is the number quoted) Can anyone help? Thanks

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked, 3 kids running free at the mo, not getting a minute to read the thread at the minute! Just got an update (Orange Customer), got all excited obviously, but the Firmware says 1232.5951.1249.1017 - OS 8.0 10211.204 .... according to quick google search this isn't portico (1249.... is the number quoted) Can anyone help? Thanks

That's Portico with latest firmware :)

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Brill!! Thought it would be a longer wait! What's the 1249. ... Firmware update bringing then?
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having real trouble with my mobile network and the WiFi connection since the update. The speed seems to have plummeted. The WPC app is now really struggling. Im get all sorts of errors and am struggling to post etc.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Brill!! Thought it would be a longer wait! What's the 1249. ... Firmware update bringing then?

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

1249 - firmware update is supposedly addressing the heating issue and portico itself is bringing bug fixes and 3-4 features like wifi always on, drafts etc. But 1249 also removes 2G connection for EE customers.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm having real trouble with my mobile network and the WiFi connection since the update. The speed seems to have plummeted. The WPC app is now really struggling. Im get all sorts of errors and am struggling to post etc.

I've experienced the same but I think it is WPC app as my browser works with normal speed and so does Line and Whatsapp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills