UK: Portico available on EE

MohamedIdle

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Am downloading the Portico update on my phone. I have a 920 on EE

I just happened to check mine and found out the same :D Just as I was about let everyone know....I see this THREAD....so I guess you beat me to it but I'm really happy that the update has come earlier than February at least :)

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
It amazes me how nowadays the priority goes to locked phones instead of unlocked ones... We (with the unlocked version) pay more and receive all the stuff later... Makes no sense.

MohamedIdle

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
It amazes me how nowadays the priority goes to locked phones instead of unlocked ones... We (with the unlocked version) pay more and receive all the stuff later... Makes no sense.

I can imagine that being a very frustrating experience because I was actually considering to get the unlocked version when I saw how cheap the locked version for EE was....I couldn't help myself from saving money since I'm already with T-Mobile anyway....plus I only recently renewed my contract for another 24 months.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Goddammit, update downloaded but not enough battery life to install. Have to wait til i get home.

Is there a list of improvements that the update gives??

MohamedIdle

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
My update keeps getting 100% preparing install then nothing happens.....I have restarted the phone three times and keeps on doing the same thing.......Anyone experiencing the same or know the issue ? I'm sort of stuck here :crying:

OleSan

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I put the charger in, and it started the second it reached 50%. Maybe just a coincidence and that you just have to wait a little for it to start.

MohamedIdle

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I put the charger in, and it started the second it reached 50%. Maybe just a coincidence and that you just have to wait a little for it to start.

Looks like you were right about that.....as soon as I saw your post and looked back at my phone whilst it was in charge.....the installation screen came up so I'm now waiting for the installation to finish.....thanks for the reply man :excited:

Harry Ola

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just installing now on my 920 as well. I was very excited when I did my 4th check for updates of the day and got a very pleasant surprise.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I checked today about 2 hours ago and got nothing so this must have literally just been released. This is why I love WPCentral, because I get the latest news for my phone as soon as it comes out! Installing as we speak!

GraemeT

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
It sits on 100% for ages and ages. Maybe the best part of half an hour. See the thread I've just started in the Windows Phone 8 forum.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity the 820's get this update too right? My brother just got an 820 the other day on O2 and can't see this update?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows how do I revert back from early Portico from Navifirm and get this genuine EE update? I can't seem to find old ROM and firmware on Navifirm

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3