Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By realwarder

After reading all the positive reviews for the 627.am app, I decided to install it on my Lumia 920 and try it out for myself. I used the alarm function for the first time today, and it worked without a glitch. However, it seems the app considerably drained my battery overnight. I topped off my battery to 100% before I went to bed, and put the phone by my bedside. I never leave my phone on the wireless charger overnight (the reasons why are a whole other topic). This morning, when I got up after the alarm went off, I checked my battery status and it had drained all the way down to 26%! 74% battery drain in 8 hours! Is that normal when using an alarm app? My battery has never drained that much overnight. At most only 1% per hour, but usually less than that. The only thing different last night was the 627.am app and having the alarm set to turn on in the morning. I did make sure I had exited out of all apps before going to bed, so nothing else was running. What could the app be doing that it would use so much battery overnight? I was really shocked when I saw my battery status this morning. I contacted the developer to see if he can shed some light on this. I think tonight I'm going to try out the native alarm (the one that came with the OS) to see if I experience the same amount of battery drain. Anyway, has anyone else experienced this kind of battery drain when using the 627.am app, or any other alarm app?

Almost every 3rd post is "This app caused excessive battery usage".

I think you'll find it's not the app but an OS bug. Feel free to follow your path of diagnosis as it may be that app has a particular problem, but when almost everyone is finding an app an claiming victory after uninstalling it, one soon believes the issue is not an app, but a more general system based issue.

And yes, closing out apps doesn't help... kind of random issue.
    mikewp likes this.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Love this app and so do many others. I have never had a problem with it, and it wakes me up daily.

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Lol every app I have seems to cause battery drainage. Its definitely the OS.

Thanks for the comments. For those of you using 627.am, how much battery drainage are you typically experiencing overnight? Or do you leave your phone on the charger?

It's still odd that I've never experienced this much overnight battery drainage until I used this app. If it was just the OS, perhaps I should have seen it happening before. Maybe it has something to do with how the app and the OS interact. Who knows... Perhaps it was just an OS glitch. I'll try setting an alarm for tomorrow with this app to see if I still get a lot of overnight drainage again. Maybe it was just a one-time fluke.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I just use the built in alarm. Works like a champ!

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts
    Let me just say if you have any issues with 627 just shoot an email to Justin the developer. Super nice and very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by beachhoppr View Post
    Let me just say if you have any issues with 627 just shoot an email to Justin the developer. Super nice and very helpful
    Yes, he is! I've been chatting with him about this on the app's FB page. I've got an alarm set for tomorrow morning, so we'll see if I get this weird drainage again. I'm going to let Justin know the results. I'm hoping it was just a one-time glitch. I really like the app.

Last night, I powered my phone off, then back on again, and topped off the battery to 100% before going to bed. This morning after the alarm went off, I checked the battery level and it was still at 100%. So I guess that excessive drainage I experienced yesterday was due to some OS glitch, and restarting my phone may have fixed it. I'm glad it's not the app.

Global Posts
    996 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    Last night, I powered my phone off, then back on again, and topped off the battery to 100% before going to bed. This morning after the alarm went off, I checked the battery level and it was still at 100%. So I guess that excessive drainage I experienced yesterday was due to some OS glitch, and restarting my phone may have fixed it. I'm glad it's not the app.
    That is great. Like I said, it has always worked well for me. I do have a request/suggestion. Can you edit the thread title so it does not appear that this app is causing issues? I know it is minor, but I would hate for someone to glance over the title and pass up on a great app.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    That is great. Like I said, it has always worked well for me. I do have a request/suggestion. Can you edit the thread title so it does not appear that this app is causing issues? I know it is minor, but I would hate for someone to glance over the title and pass up on a great app.

Thanks.
    Funny you should mention that. Earlier today I was trying to figure out how to edit the thread title, but I don't see a way to do it. I even looked to see if I could just delete the thread altogether, but couldn't find how to do that either. Do you know how? Let me know.