Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1.    #1  
    Let's discusses which apps can change our lifes (windows phone owners), and what the WP8 need to become more relevant and grow their market share.
    What we see in other plataforms that we have not seen yet on WP8?

Royal Bank of Canda banking ap is the one that I need the most..Adobe Reader exist in 7.5 but not on WP8
    and probably many more but thats the one i miss the most
  3.    #3  
    Oh, I thought that the WP 7.* apps would be running on WP8, the new future users need to become totally satisfied for to be switched, or started on Smartphone world with the WP OS, but it seems to be so much difficult, the instagram app is an ever possibility, but never a reality.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrip View Post
    Royal Bank of Canda banking ap is the one that I need the most..Adobe Reader exist in 7.5 but not on WP8
    and probably many more but thats the one i miss the most
    RBC Mobile app for Windows Phone "coming in the near future" | MobileSyrup.com
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Some type of video editor

A true PDF reader with the ability to manage pdfs

instagram

Most of them? Flipboard, a WORKING WhatsApp, Instagram, 500px, Snapchat... something that will be hot next month that will not show up on WP8, for sure.

I like my Nokia Lumia 900 a lot, but switching to WP8 means you lose a lot of apps. That's just a fact.

Spotify. Citibank. Amex. Amazon instant video. Soundcloud. Facebook (not counting the crappy version we have right now).

Quote Originally Posted by madcaliban View Post
    Spotify. Citibank. Amex. Amazon instant video. Soundcloud. Facebook (not counting the crappy version we have right now).
    I think the WP8 Facebook app is just fine...plus the integration into the people hub is very nice.

Agree with your other choices and would add Wells Fargo, Mint, Amazon Cloud Player, Maxim (for the articles), Madden, NBA Jam, FiFa 2013, NBA 2k13, etc...

WhatsApp (this version is totally bogus), Flipboard, Instagram, ScotiaBank App, SoundCloud, Solid VPN App

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    PDF Editor, Hulu Plus, Time Warner Cable, NBA GameTime, Facebook (Official App), Youtube (Official App), Chrome Browser (IE10 is just Ok), Flipboard, Pandora (is end of January and still no news about it)
    Thanked by:

Agree on youtube. Its just a link to the mobile version.

And despite all the negative news on it recently, i think the vine would be another important app that we may not see in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by madcaliban View Post
    Agree on youtube. Its just a link to the mobile version.
    Metrorube is the tits!! Smokes the iOS YouTube app...
    Alex Kj likes this.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Squareup
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    I want the same Youtube experience as on Android.

Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    I want the same Youtube experience as on Android.
    False. We want better. :)
    --__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money. I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
    -Jack Kerouac

For starters, I would like to see Bank of America since that's my bank, eBay (could use an update, which they say is coming later this year), work on Microsoft apps like Facebook and Twitter, I've never understood the hype of Instagram, but yeah, that one too, maybe a mobile virus protection application, and more finely tuned third party Google service clients, since they're so obstinate in supporting the platform.
    --__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--

I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money. I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
    -Jack Kerouac

I want Viper Smartstart, official buzzfeed app, pew pew ( miss that game) nike + with fuelband support ( the current app doesn't support it which is ridiculous), Pandora with windows phone support for car infotainment systems, progressive insurance app, capital one, amazon cloud and music download app, fl studio music production app, updated last.fm, can't think of any others right now.

my friends swore they will not buy windows phone if it doesn't have instagram so that's extremely important.
    also, for me:
    1. Temple run 1&2
    2. Kik Messenger (needs update)
    3. USABLE PDF reader
    4. Flipboard
    5. BETTER Facebook
    6. Nook

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Almanza View Post
    For starters, I would like to see Bank of America since that's my bank...
    Bank of America | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United Kingdom)

Quote Originally Posted by swag_INC View Post
    SoundCloud
    Try Soundrivin | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Almanza View Post
    For starters, I would like to see Bank of America since that's my bank, eBay (could use an update, which they say is coming later this year), work on Microsoft apps like Facebook and Twitter, I've never understood the hype of Instagram, but yeah, that one too, maybe a mobile virus protection application, and more finely tuned third party Google service clients, since they're so obstinate in supporting the platform.
    Why a virus protection software? This isn't Android.

Like someone else pointed out, there is a BoA app and its actually very nice.

Regarding Google, if someone is heavily invested in Google services, they should get an Android phone. Personally I don't see a single google service that is worth being so vested in. YouTube is the only unique service and that is easily available across all platforms. I recently dumped Gmail for Outlook, and never looked back.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts
    a directv app that works like the apple version. a foxnews app that lets me watch it live like iphone,

actually, i am sick and tired of only seeing apps with "download now: app store / google play" give me the wp store love too, dammnit!

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Essential but not available, e.g. encryption container, private sms, repeating alarm, etc etc. Even WP6.5 was better. If not for the live tiles, I would not have brought a WP8 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by woodrow_hills View Post
    Essential but not available, e.g. encryption container, private sms, repeating alarm, etc etc. Even WP6.5 was better. If not for the live tiles, I would not have brought a WP8 phone.
    Repeating alarm? There is repeating alarm.

WM was an archaic OS compared to WP. Sure, it may have a few features more, but it also was a horrible UI, practically unusable as a touch interface.

There is a reason WM couldn't get past a smidget market share in the 10 years of its life.

The Facebook app's header is like a hot girl driving a motorcycle slowly in front of me. I like looking at you, but id like even more if you just got out of my way. Facebook via IE or the people hub is a better experience as far as content imo.

YouTube would be nice, as would Instagram & Snapchat. Gtalk being integrated into Messaging would be nice as well.

The biggest gripe for me is the music app... Its kinda awkward. I would LOVE to be able to long press my volume buttons to switch tracks though. I listen while I'm driving so playing with the screen is irritating.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast