Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I've had the Lumia 920 since launch with very few issues. A few weeks ago my live tiles stopped updating and I had read that WeatherView could be presenting a conflict so I uninstalled that and lo and behold things worked normally again. Now over the past couple of days all of my 3rd party live tiles stopped updating. Actually ESPN updated the score of the basketball game once and Tango Traffic seems to keep updating but my weather apps, CNN, battery app and "Live Wallpaper" stopped updating.

I've tried unpinning and repinning those apps. I've tried uninstalling them and then reinstalling them. I've tried deleting temporary files in internet explorer. I've tried a soft reset and also resetting by holding down volume and power button. Alas nothing has worked. I've even permanently uninstalled the last couple of apps I can remember installing and ones that recently updated (that I can remember).

Still nothing. Am I really left with nothing but a hard reset? If so, any advise on hard resets to minimize the brain damage of having to set up my phone again?

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    in settings, background tasks, what is the status for each of the apps, which does not update its tile?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I had eight applications that allowed background tasks. I disabled two of them and now the tiles seem to be updating again. If six is the limit why do they even let you enable eight?

some times the setting gets screwed and adjusting the setting doesnt fix it.

i just uninstall the app, and reinstall.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Actually upon further review the problem isn't fixed. Some of them updated upon changing background task settings but once again I woke up this morning and my Battery Level was still reading 12% even though it was fully charged, my CNN headline was from 11:30 last night and my weather hadn't updated.

I think I've run out of things to do except hard reset or throw the phone thru the window of the nearest AT&T store.