01-29-2013, 04:04 AM #1
- 36 Posts
When I listen to music from MixRadio, Xbox Music, Youtube, etc. the sound level is good :)
But when I try to listen to my music, which is already on my phone (Nokia 920), the sound level is very quiet :(
Is there a seperate setting? I've tried to adjust various volume settings, but so far it has remained too quiet.
Also tried it both with and without headphones.
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM #2
- 43 Posts
Online music has probably had its dynamics compressed. Doing so makes music sound louder but it also degrades the music. See Alan Wilder's (ex-Depeche mode) take on it, it doesn't do your hearing any good for one.
Alan Wilder (Recoil/Depeche Mode) an open letter from, on the current music business
01-29-2013, 11:12 AM #5
- 995 Posts
I find exactly the same thing. I can happily listen to music from my phone at almost full volume, i couldn't do that with my HTC HD7 (WP7), and if i stream music from Nokia Music, its deafening at the sort of volume i need from standard music.
Not only that, but if i get a text or call while listening to music, it deafens me.
- By jcagga in forum Groove MusicReplies: 9Last Post: 01-14-2013, 11:07 AM
- By phil2415 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-03-2012, 12:09 PM
- By bear_lx in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 54Last Post: 10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
- By TheHeroFromDOOM in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 17Last Post: 07-30-2012, 11:08 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 03-08-2012, 07:33 PM