Unlocked 920 on o2 UK - When will I get Portico?

Rich Reeves

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could answer me this.

I have a 920 purchased from Clove, which was unlocked and worked fine off the bat with my o2 sim.

As so far as I can see, o2 won't be carrying the 920 just yet, and I was wondering if therefore I would ever receive the Portico update over the air?

Is my phone looking to Nokia's server, or o2's server to find the Portico?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Rich

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
OP: You'll probably get it shortly after the update rolls out properly on the 31st Jan. Can't say for sure, but that's my guesstimate.

I got a 920 on Orange contract - got it unlocked, using O2 sim and just got portico if that helps.

You'll still be using EE firmware though, so that doesn't really help. I got mine from Phones4U and it was also EE locked. And yes, I've been Portico'd

Omega Point

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You'll get it with the rest of the Unbranded UK 920s, which is whenever Nokia decide to click 'go'. I don't think Unbranded UK phones are a high priority for them at the moment as there aren't that many of them.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You'll get it with the rest of the Unbranded UK 920s, which is whenever Nokia decide to click 'go'. I don't think Unbranded UK phones are a high priority for them at the moment as there aren't that many of them.

THAT. Because most of them in the UK were meant to be officially sold via EE exclusivity. So anyone who went ahead with an unlock, according to Nokia, doesn't exist. Also, the rest of 920s on other networks are really really small number, so probably 31st Jan onwards?

rubin12

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got a replacement phone a few weeks ago after having my original nicked. Had a few updates come up a week or so ago. Is there any way for me to see if Portico was included in them?

Tony_Tone

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
They should make it a priority because this is what they are handing out to corporates to test, incredibly short sighted.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an L820 from O2 (UK) with a 3 (UK) sim card in it, did not receive any update, even after checking. I have seen reports of O2 users with L820 getting the update though, i wonder why i didn't get it?

Pedro_989

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I accidentally destroyed my EE Lumia 920, that had Portico installed, Didn't have any insurance, so had to buy the handset outright from Phones4U, disappointed not to have Portico on my new handset.

I do hope that with the current flurry of other network operators taking up the Lumia 920, that this may get some traction in the United Kingdom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb