would you please check your camera if you have overheating problem ?

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just installed the portico update last night, and my overheating get worse :(
I think I should send back my lumia to repair center !
Just want to know something, would those of you who have overheating problem please check your camera when the phone is getting hot and see will it work or not
my camera wont work if the device is hot, just a black screen and disabled camera buttons
I want to know if I am the only one with this problem or not
Thank you

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Before you send your phone off to Nokia you might as well do a factory reset first. Settings > About > Reset your phone. See if that solves the heating issue. If not, then send the phone off.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never had an issue with the camera. The heating issue is from the processor...I think they might have over clocked the chip a bit? When looking at the back of your phone, the processor is to the top left of the camera, and there is a heat sink that attaches to it and spans to the right about 3/4 of the way across the phone.

Raduc78

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I've never had overheating until last weekend, when I installed metrotalk. I had to uninstall and re-install to get the app to work properly without the overheating but I was able to use the phone normally, cam even while it was hot.

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue with the camera. The heating issue is from the processor...I think they might have over clocked the chip a bit? When looking at the back of your phone, the processor is to the top left of the camera, and there is a heat sink that attaches to it and spans to the right about 3/4 of the way across the phone.

yes thats where my phone gets too hot !
one thing i have noticed is if I run the camera when the device is hot it becomes more hot and battery drains faster !
it seems the camera app running in background and is not closed !
I have to turn off and on the phone to fix this !

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs