01-29-2013, 01:35 PM #1
- 6 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
I just got back from a ski trip and I decided to give the "High" touch sensitivity a try.
When it says "you can wear gloves" they are being serious. I had full goretex dual-layered mittens on with a pair of cotton liner gloves inside of them and I could STILL use my phone through all of those. I estimate almost half a cm worth of material between me and the glass and the phone still worked flawlessly. I could even pinch zoom through all the gloves. It's absurd and I have no clue how Nokia did it but wow.
- 01-29-2013, 01:52 PM #2
Nokia have probably used the "Projected capacitance" technology in the 920. As long as the object that is touching the screen is conductive it should work at operating the screen. I've used a door key and a USB memory stick to operate mine.
- By 1220Ac in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 87Last Post: 03-21-2013, 06:18 AM
- By z33dev33l in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 2Last Post: 11-21-2012, 11:54 PM
- By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 7Last Post: 11-17-2012, 06:39 PM
- By last boy scout 151 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 9Last Post: 11-06-2012, 07:34 PM
- By Dregur in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 17Last Post: 11-01-2012, 03:27 PM