A different kind of freeze issue.

korhan eren

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
edit: it's hardware related.

Hello everyone. I got my lumia 920 about one month ago. Three days ago, i pressed to my lock-screen button and realized that the colors were mixed into each other. As i continued to use my phone, the fps dropped lower and lower. Then it suddenly froze. I had to soft reset it to make it work again. Since that time my phone freezes 5-6 times a day. The color mixing starts completely randomly and if i lock it's screen back before it freezes, sometimes, colors get back into the normal before the next time.

Here you can see the pictures of this issue. The first one shows what i mean by "color mixing". The other one is screenshot of my phone while color mixing continues. But as you can see there is no sign of problem.

So what's the matter with my phone? Can i fix this myself? Or the time has come to visit the service?

Thank you.

edit: Sorry i forgot to add the normal lock-screen shot taken via another phone (third picture)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Impossible to say, as these pictures are not accurate depictions... One is a screenshot with accurate colour representation, the other is a picture of the phone taken with another camera. Anything could be effecting that other picture.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
kinda looks like the effect you get when you get the lag when remotely connecting to a computer.

does this only happen on the wallpaper screen or in other areas too? could you name the screens this happens on?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, i'll give it a try. Can basically explain (or just give a link) how can i do that? :)

That's a really good question lol I haven't done it yet with WP8. Id imagine something along the lines of on your phone go to 'Settings' then 'About' then 'reset your phone'. Should do some stuff to it, then tell your to connect to Zune or Xbox or whatever it is the sync software is (I lost track at this point) and youll be able to update it from factory to the current phone firmware.

If you have photos you want to keep then put them on skydrive or back them up. Apps will lose their data I believe (bye bye high scores). That should be it. Probably like a half hour to hour long process though

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
To soft reset, press and hold the volume down and power keys till it vibrates
To hard reset, go Settings, About, Reset Your Phone.
To reinstall, use the instructions in that link.

korhan eren

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Finally i reset my phone and seriously, stay away from that "reset your phone" till that button finds out how to work itself. That reset issue (i named it as infinity cogs) just made me forget my orginal issue :grin:
Anyway I'll update whether my issue got fixed by reset in few days. So if anyone out there has the same problem (which i think no one will. I was always very unique about troubles :3), they'll know if it's software or hardware related.
Thanks for all posts again.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05