Massive Delays in Text Messaging network says its the phone!?

Staggerlee011

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
hi all,

I just brought a new 920 and signed up with EE (In in the UK) For a few days everything was fine. But for 3 days ive had massive delays in receiving text messages.. (between 10-2 hours from someone sending to me, to me receiving).

I rang EE and was told this is properly a phone problem.. due to memeory issues from a broken app or email attachment opening problem.. Apparently so the story is told. the network companies only send text messages if theres enough memory on a user phone. If there isnt. Then they will scan the phone every 15 mins till there is enough memory. This is why im getting the delays. I had just updated Kindle app which broke. so i went with it. and uninstalled. I then decided to try it further and removed all the apps ive installed in the last few days.. He said doing a soft restart would fix the problem as the memory would be cleared and when a phone turns on it automatically connects to the network and looks for messages. so i should get all my outstanding messages do this. But its not advised as a solution..

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any possible solutions? Im a very text heavy user.. so having these delays is a real problem. Im happy to leave EE if its a network problem. But i want to make sure its not the phone first..

Hope someone can help!

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
hi all,
He said doing a soft restart would fix the problem as the memory would be cleared and when a phone turns on it automatically connects to the network and looks for messages. so i should get all my outstanding messages do this. But its not advised as a solution..

Hope someone can help!

So, did those tricks help what you did?

If not, insert your SIM to another phone and see if everything works fine. If so, something wrong with your phone.

The clerk I bought my Lumia 920 (ElisaShopit here in Finland) said that her lumia 920 did have similar issue. It didn't send nor receive messages at all or with really big delay. She swap the sim to some android phone and all messages came through in one big bunch. So she sent her phone to service.

So EE story might just be true.

Staggerlee011

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi and thanks for the replies...

Sadly i dont have another 4g phone to switch into and try.. I see theres a windows update around.. so thinking of trying that as a solution?

Removing the apps and doing a reset hasnt helped sadly.. I havent installed any of the apps still..

Also I just did a power off and restart with a short delay.. reading around a soft restart seems to be holding vol and power? Would this make a difference?

thanks for the quick replies :)

Staggerlee011

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Update:

EE have said they have a known problem recieveing text messages from 3 mobile..

Not sure if anyone else is in the UK and using EE but if anyone sees this and can confirm deny would be good. As ive just joined they have agreed to extend my 7 day trail till call is full closed which i guess is at least semi good support...

HIllste1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a big texter, but the only time I have noticed this is when requesting a data use update from AT&T. Most of the time the text comes right away, but I have waited Hours for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb