Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By ballanda
  • 1 Post By stueyboy
  • 1 Post By johninsj
  • 1 Post By jaj324

One thing that's bothering the heck out of me is that answering an incoming call is a two-step process. "Slide Up" and then touch "answer" or "ignore". This is where I am really missing the Android's slide up to answer or slide down to ignore...Is there any setting that would enable a one-touch/gesture response to incoming calls?
    Not sure if this is a WP8 flow, or whether it is specific to Nokia's design...

Just one more thing on the list of hundreds of things that we wish were more customizable. It's part of the shock of transitioning to WP from Android where there's a battery-sucking app or widget to control anything you can imagine. But to me it is worth it to not have to worry about such triviality. In other words, if I know I can tinker with something, I will, forever. But if I can't then I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ballanda View Post
    But to me it is worth it to not have to worry about such triviality. In other words, if I know I can tinker with something, I will, forever. But if I can't then I'm fine with it.
    You know, this is one of the first posts that reflect how I felt about Windows phone (7.5) when I moved from Android. I just felt liberated from endlessly fiddling with trivial options and settings. I do sympathise with the OP though but It does stop you answering a call in your pocket and I imagine that Google would have swung for MS if ther interface started to look the same as android.
    Thanked by:
    Aniruddh Sharma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rsud View Post
    One thing that's bothering the heck out of me is that answering an incoming call is a two-step process. "Slide Up" and then touch "answer" or "ignore".
    I feel the opposite. I actually like the two step process.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I prefer the two step myself. If you just want to ignore a call hit a volume button and it silences the ringer/vib.. Essentially giving you a 1 click ignore.
    Red Lumia 920
    Thanked by:

"it is worth it to not have to worry about such triviality. In other words, if I know I can tinker with something, I will, forever. But if I can't then I'm fine with it."

This is a coping mechanism called "rationalization." We all do it to deal with the disappointments in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    I prefer the two step myself. If you just want to ignore a call hit a volume button and it silences the ringer/vib.. Essentially giving you a 1 click ignore.
    It's the 1-click ANSWER function that I'm missing, especially while driving (i know..i know...talking while driving is frowned upon...but this is real life we're talking about ;))...
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sinabu View Post
    OR, press the power button, that too will silence the phone.
    Guz

iPhone 3G (broken)
    Blackberry 6320 (retired)
    Lumia 810 (current)

It's the 1-click ANSWER function that I'm missing, especially while driving (i know..i know...talking while driving is frowned upon...but this is real life we're talking about ;))...
    That's why I am using a headset. Perfectly safe, and it does one click call pickup.

Weird... when I am driving I click the answer button on my steering wheel, and I answer the call with the (required by real life law) hands-free bluetooth in my car. One button. Boom.
    yodies likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    Weird... when I am driving I click the answer button on my steering wheel, and I answer the call with the (required by real life law) hands-free bluetooth in my car. One button. Boom.
    same here. Remote starting and built in Bluetooth are the best auto innovations in a while.

Sent from my AT&T 8x using Board Express
    rsud likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    same here. Remote starting and built in Bluetooth are the best auto innovations in a while.
    unfortunately for me, i have one of those pesky german cars that make an option out of everything, and while affording the engine and wheels, there wasn't anything left for something as ancillary as bluetooth :(

It's not just frowned upon ... it's against the law! The fact that's it's real life makes it even more important; you can kill real people with this behaviour.

Swedish Volvo : ) One-click BT answer, and today a friendly Windows lady talked to me out of the blue that I had a message, should I read she asked... I smiled : )
    Last edited by iNickx; 09-27-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Global Posts
    608 Global Posts
    New to WP8 and just saw this. Wondered how to silence the phone during a ring, assumed volume or power would do it.

Once I figured out that simply sliding up would not automatically answer the call, I saw the logic in then asking how you want the call handled. It's workable for me.
    For some, it may be a big transition. Android's slide either way on one screen (ignore or answer) was OK, but offered no easy text, and I like that option on WP8. BlackBerry was simply a matter of red button ignore, or green answer. They all have their ways of doing things.

Finally, have to agree with some previous posters. I probably fiddled with my Android for a year before I got it to where I wanted it, and who knows, I may still tweak it as apps come and go. The latest was a Launcher WP8 app that emulates Wp8 OS rather than the icon driven Android OS. It never stops. Windows gives you so much less to have to worry about because so much less is customizable, sort of like BlackBerry. That works for me. :)