Battery draining problem and my solution. No reset needed - it's the INTERNET EXPLORER!

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's been said a million times. Battery is hit and miss with WP8.

Be patient and wait till Microsoft/Nokia releases some sort of os/firmware update.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
It's been said a million times. Battery is hit and miss with WP8.

Be patient and wait till Microsoft/Nokia releases some sort of os/firmware update.

I'm skeptical the updates will arrive in time. If we are going to get couple of fixes a quarter, WP8 will always be playing catchup. They are too far behind the curve to nickel and dime updates. I like the OS, but life is too short to be frustrated with a phone that won't perform the tasks to make my life easier. Like I said, I like the OS but in May I have upgrade. If I don't see major improvements, I have no choice but to find something that will meet my needs. I'm sure I'm not the only one either. Their slow and steady approach will see no major gains in market.

w_byrnes

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Yahoo! Finance a lot so this seems plausible. Thank you!

Will give it a shot and report back.

I experienced it again today. When I exited just using the back button and the last page was Yahoo Stock, the phone got heated a little bit and the batteries went down significantly faster. It does not seem to be a problem after hours. I guess the site may stop the auto-refreshing function.

Again we may all have different causes of the battery draining problem but if you have already tried other solutions and they did not work, you can give this one a shot: before exit IE, select "tabs" in the menu and manually cross out the tab(s). Remember the last page you see before exiting IE is a white/blank page.

Please report back your findings whether you have solved or not the battery problem using this solution. It may help other people who visit this board.

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery is hit and miss with WP8.

I don't believe it's that simple. It's got to be a combination of things. Apps people are running, background tasks, excessive LTE usage instead of WiFi, the carrier waking up your LTE radio far to often, etc etc etc.

Talha Ata

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello sir,
I am talha from kuwait .before one week i do windows 7.8 in my htc hd2 mobile . I use for one week and my battery was very good .they tell estimated battery time 1 day and 18 hours on 100% charged. But after one week it start telling me estimated battery time less than one hour on 100% charge. Please kindly tell me how to solve this problem.
I'll be most thankful to u.......

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
being on whatsapp for more than 15 mins or so on data starts to heat up my phone and it drains my battery super quick...
and sometimes yeah, being on a site with some script running can heat up ur phone too.

P O

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
battery saving tip I found today. After using a music or nav app do a soft reset. If I don't phone's battery seems to think Im still using it even though I backed out of app I was using and nothing in background; maybe servers updating issue like with live tiles. After I do that drainage rate drops dramatically

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Internet Explorer might be what draining your battery, but its pretty much random for everyone. Just yesterday I went to take a leak @ 9:35am and my 920 battery drained like **** till I restarted the phone. I usually don't ******* @ 9:35am so I figured that was the root cause....

did you wipe the seat AND washed your hands?!?!.... lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon