Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    What are some good cases to recommend? Otterbox for 920 any good?
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I have the otterbox case. I like it. I have never had a sturdier case. And, it feels like my phone would be protected, even in an explosion 😊. The two obvious drawbacks are that it makes the Lumia significantly heavier; and it hides the beautiful design of the L920. Nevertheless, I am very happy with this case.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    I just can't bring myself to put a case on my phone. The chassis is just too damn sexy it seems like it would be a sin to cover it up. As silly as it might seem, a big part of the enjoyment I get from this phone is how it feels in my hand. A case would ruin that. Not to mention it would add bulk and weight which I don't need.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Incipio Feather

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cthulhucometh View Post
    Only cases i would even consider on Lumia 920 are the official Nokia silicone cases as they still keep the phone sleek.

Global Posts
    762 Global Posts
    I am waiting for CP-600 case for my Lumia 920. But it isn't officially released
    (Gaming Rig)
    CPU............................Intel E8400 @ 3.6Ghz
    Mobo....................................ASUS P5Q Pro
    RAM.............................4GB G.Skill DDR2 800
    HDD................................WD 6400AAKS HDD
    GPU............................MSI Cyclone GTX 460
    PSU..............................Corsair 650TX 650W
    Case..............................................CM 690
    Display...................Dell SP2208WFP (22 inch)
    O.S.........................Windows 7 Ultimatum 64
  7.    #7  
    I agree with social carpet, I really don't want too but my screen cracked and that's 125 I have to pay because of it so I don't want to risk that again
  8.    #8  
    Does the otterbox have the built in screen protector?

Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    Does wireless charging still work with the otter box?
  10.    #10  
    Good question! Thanks for asking!

I have the CC-1043 Black and the Nillkin Folio Leather Case which is the one I am using currently until the CP-600 I have ordered arrives.

The CP-600 is probably the one I will be using as the Nillkin doesn't fit the phone properly. A poster mentioned in another thread that the CP-600 is just a CC-1043 with a high quality leather front cover.

If that is the case then it should be excellent as the CC-1043 fits the 920 amazingly.

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    The otterbox does have a built in screen protector. And yes, it does work with wireless charging. In fact, it works even when you hold the L920 one inch above the charging pad.
    This will greatly depend on what you want a case for. I did not want a bulky case for added protection, just something simple to add some grip (as the black 920 is VERY slick). I went and just got a basic gel case off of Amazon in blue for about $4, and it has served its purpose without fail.

I have the otterbox defender case, and yes it does have the built in screen protector, wireless charging still works and best of all...it makes your Lumia 920 nuclear-proof.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick786us View Post
    I am waiting for CP-600 case for my Lumia 920. But it isn't officially released
    Where? Its been in stores here for weeks.
  16.    #16  
    I just want one to protect my screen. Would I be better just getting a screen protector or would a case be better?

Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    I just want one to protect my screen. Would I be better just getting a screen protector or would a case be better?
    Case, the screen is the whole point of the phone, its the last thing I would cover.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Does the otterbox have the built in screen protector?
    A screen protector will not prevent your screen from getting cracked unfortunately.

I agree with social carpet, I really don't want too but my screen cracked and that's 125 I have to pay because of it so I don't want to risk that again
    A little off topic, but where did you take/send your phone to get a new screen for 125? (lowest I see is 162) The reason I am on this thread is because my L920 screen just cracked after a drop from seat of my truck and I will reluctantly get a case for it now after I have it fixed.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    My girl friend just buy a new leather case for her 920. It looks nice or you can try this brand.2013-02-08-14.32.33.jpgLumia 920 - TETDED LIMITED

personally I think the outerbox is over kill for such a strong phone.. it would just be adding weight to a already heavy phone. The Nokia CC-1043 is a fantastic choice.. it protects those corners and is pretty much invisible..

my video review:

Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I got an incipio feather in cyan. It came with a screen protector. The cyan beautifully contrasts the red phone.

Quote Originally Posted by boo516 View Post
    I got an incipio feather in cyan. It came with a screen protector. The cyan beautifully contrasts the red phone.
    Do you have a photo of this by any chance? ;) Pretty interested in seeing the colour combo!

I bought two CP-600 a couple of weeks ago. Works great! Feels really good, it keeps the phone protected and looks and works awesome when standing on my desk at home or at work. The only negative thing is that the beautiful red color doesn't show, but I can live with that
    Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?