Lumia Battery Issues (new question)

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So, i think we all know of the battery issues people complain about. I think they are being worked out, which is all fine and good.

My question is if the battery dies (like can't charge) what happens? And how likely is that to happen within two years? My Samsung battery is getting worse, telling me it probably needs a new battery and i haven't even had this phone for a year.

Anyone who has had a non replaceable battery want to chime in? And random question ... I heard charging your phone in the car is bad for the battery, is that true?

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
You can replace the battery yourself, it doesn't look very difficult to get to based on the disassembly video you can find on youtube. Not too sure on effective battery life.

Joshoon

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't look too complicated to open up a L920 and replace the battery.
But the chance that it will die is like 1/10, maybe even less.
I might sound like a ****** now, but I have been using an HTC for years, and like a year ago I got a Galaxy Note, and it dissapointed me.
I just cannot trust their hardware at all, the screen, the plastic design, and the battery. So I went back to HTC, and now have my first Nokia smartphone (L920).
Nokia has been around in mobile phones much longer, so I trust their devices much more than I do with Samsung smartphones.

About the car charging...
As long as you use a decent car-charger, it should not affect your battery.
The charger makes sure if delivers the same amount of power to your device via the micro USB, as it does with the wall charger, or normal USB to Micro USB cable that is connected to a PC.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon