Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I need a good headset with crystal clear audio quality.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Nokia Purity by Monster

My next pair of headphones!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Looking for one with a mic that works on 920. Monster is overrated lol. Already have couple $200 earphones ha.
    Favorite Apps: Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, Flash Sports, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher, UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    These have a mic, and they work on the 920. Have tried them myself. But, taste is individual!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.

Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Do the controls work? Some reviews say otherwise

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    The ones that came standard with my Samsung Focus works perfectly. All the buttons work like it did on the Focus.

Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    They worked on the phone I tested them on. If they don't work, then you should send them back and request a new pair. They are designed for Nokia.
    As far as I've experienced. :) Android headphones is also compatible with windows phones. :) As Klipsch s4 and Bose se4, I mean it's that... but I know android headsets can be used to control windows phones.

Nokia Purity Monster WH-920 works very well (all controls), with a great audio quality ... well, a limited use to open a speech service too (holding mute and volume button of WH-920 on the same time) , like for a web search or to open OneNote (by "Note" word), to make a voice note ... but a speech service does not work with a lock screen ...
    MSFTisMIA likes this.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The headphones from a S3 work perfectly for me. All the buttons from the headphones work. From what I understand, the S3 and Ativ S have the same headphones from the factory

Logitech ue350VM far cheaper then monster and Bose but in my opinion sound wayyyyyyyy better and has a mic. Has to be the VM model though.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I have just bought Bose Mie2 and very happy with It. Great quality, stays in my ears no matter what.One minus is that there are no volume controls on cable, but I van live with It.Recommend It.

[TAB][/TAB]Definite issues with compatibility. Shure 535 doesn't let people hear you, nor iPhone 4S earphones. My beyerdynamics 101 worked.

Global Posts
    753 Global Posts
    For a wonderful Bluetooth headset, the Pro Plantronics works great. Bluetooth crystal clear at 40 feet, music, call answer and hang up, voice command, etc. Just a great headset.

I'm using Sony MH1-BL Livesounds. They're supposed to be around 70 but I found them on Amazon for an epicly low 7.

They can be found for very little money due to them being configued as the older style pin order. happily the Lumia 920 seems to be able to dynamically reasign the 3.5mm contact points from either of the standards.

Check out this thread on the subject [REVIEW] Sony MH1
    Muessig and SleepyHead de like this.

Global Posts
    1,643 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    I would imagine the reviewers who have said the controls don't work on the purity line are using them with a Lumia 900, not a 920. When the screen was locked and off, the controls worked very sporadically on the 900. They work perfectly on the 920.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    If you're looking for one that also has an FM radio, audio controls (play, next, previous) and a volume slider, I'd recommend the Sony Ericsson MW600
    I just got one a few days ago and can confirm the controls all work with WP8 (I have an 820 btw).
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul Rahman Noor View Post
    If you're looking for one that also has an FM radio, audio controls (play, next, previous) and a volume slider, I'd recommend the Sony Ericsson MW600
    I just got one a few days ago and can confirm the controls all work with WP8 (I have an 820 btw).
    if you need the mic part its decent, and it does allow you to use any pair of headphones you want that has a 3.5mm plug
    Banned

For a cheap set JVC Marshmallows rock!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    Nokia Purity Monster WH-920 works very well (all controls), with a great audio quality ... well, a limited use to open a speech service too (holding mute and volume button of WH-920 on the same time) , like for a web search or to open OneNote (by "Note" word), to make a voice note ... but a speech service does not work with a lock screen ...
    I am using this:
    Amazon.com: Plantronics UPMX256X1 Flex Grip Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Works with locked screen. Just love it. Perfect for a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotoy View Post
    I am using this:
    Amazon.com: Plantronics UPMX256X1 Flex Grip Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Works with locked screen. Just love it. Perfect for a car.
    There is so many choices and it seems that everyone have their own favour one ... :)

I meant that ONLY speech service does not work with a lock screen (for example, to make a quick voice note, like shopping list) ... all controls, like volume down/up and mute work with a lock screen .... I am pretty happy with Nokia Purity Monster WH-920 - with very nice audio quality - works for me :)

There is so many choices and it seems that everyone have their own favour one ... :)

I meant that ONLY speech service does not work with a lock screen (for example, to make a quick voice note, like shopping list) ... all controls, like volume down/up and mute work with a lock screen .... I am pretty happy with Nokia Purity Monster WH-920 - with very nice audio quality - works for me :)
    Did you try push it and keep down for a few seconds?

I was using house of Marley Zion with the S3, moving to Nokia Lumia 920 the microphone does not work. But the controls do. Very strange, since the quality of sound is absolutely astounding. Nokia music sounds amazingly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotoy View Post
    Did you try push it and keep down for a few seconds?
    You made recheck it, thanks ... and yes, it works now ... but I had to go settings and tick "Use speech when phone is locked" (laugh)

You made recheck it, thanks ... and yes, it works now ... but I had to go settings and tick "Use speech when phone is locked" (laugh)
    laugh++
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast