Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So, when I turn the NL920 off for the night, then turn it back on in the morning, the battery is dead or almost dead, even if it was fully charged.
    If I leave it turned on for the night, the battery drain is minimal (as expected).
    Any ideas what's causing it and how to fix it?
    Thanks.
    Just to be sure, it wasn't plugged to any charger wired or wireless after being turned off, was it?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

No, it was not plugged in.
    Just turned it off and left sitting till next morning. It happens each time.

are you sure it shows the right level before you turn off?

Are you talking fully off, or the standard standby mode?

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    if youre talking fully off and not standby
    its probably a calibration issue
    maybe let the battery fully drain (till the phone turns itself off) and then fully charge it

I've had this happened with my 820 numerous times.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Just to be sure, it wasn't plugged to any charger wired or wireless after being turned off, was it?
    You can have yyour phone off and plugged in? If I have my phone plugged in and power it off, it just comes back on... Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    You can have yyour phone off and plugged in? If I have my phone plugged in and power it off, it just comes back on... Lol.
    I think all windows phones do it. Whenever it is plugged in it will turn on.

yes, i'm sure.
    for example, the phone was recharged only 12h ago, if I leave it on, it will last me for another 12h or more.
    if I turn it off (power off), next morning when I turn it back on it will be giving me warnings that the battery is critically low.

ok... so this is interesting. I wonder if some phones have a real problem - i.e. those people saying they have no battery drain would not experience this and those that do, will.

I will charge the battery and power off the phone overnight to see what happens. I would expect it to still have 100% battery in the morning.

How was your battery?

Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    ok... so this is interesting. I wonder if some phones have a real problem - i.e. those people saying they have no battery drain would not experience this and those that do, will.

I will charge the battery and power off the phone overnight to see what happens. I would expect it to still have 100% battery in the morning.

Worked as expected. Woke up with 100% battery after 8 hours off.

Mine gained 30% battery life by leaving it off for a couple of hours. Then again, mine draws its power from a ZPM obtained from Atlantis. Dr. McKay isn't quite the ******* once you get to know him :)