Brightness kills the battery

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Up till today my brightness was always set to medium. I would use the phone regularly and i would easily get to an empty battery by between 8 - 10pm, sometimes sooner.

Today my brightness was set to low (not auto!) and its been off charge since 7 this morning and i still have 45% left.

Would anyone else care to try this out to see if you have similar results.

I know there are alot of battery threads on here but i thought it was worth mentioning and having a thread of its own.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to help guys no need for comments like that.

I know brightness will drain power just didn't expect it to be as power hungry as it is. Its not as bad on my iphone, no where near.

HM02

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Well different screen types use different power too. AMOLEDs use the most power. Idk what kind of screen the iPhone has, but the Lumia has a lot more technology behind its screen, so that might be why. Have you turned your screen sensitivity off too? Or to low.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My screen sensitivity is set to normal. There are new options there now but i havnt altered them.

I really don't mind the brightness set to low its more than useable. You lose alot of the vivid colours but i will turn it up for games if i need too :) if it makes my battery last a full day and still have juice left over im happy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720