Are you happy with your 920?

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Was interested in people's opinions on this - please vote on the poll

Edit - I voted no. My phone had light leaks and non-functional wireless charging (I returned it for a refund)

Last edited:

cptkamal

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Not happy due to issue with Battery drain, GPS, shutdown of the phone and phone getting hot . These are something which should not be there on a high end smartphone, I am really not happy with the phone on this regard.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Cptkamal: no it shouldnt, so you should Return it and get a working copy instead.

Edit: my phone works flawlessly. Od love a better UI for IE10, and a better autocorrect since i use two languages interchangeably.
I could also use a psx emulator, but that's about it.
Oh yes, the camera isn't that good preportico, still waiting for the update on my UK bought unbranded.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm 100% happy with my phone; no light leaks or issues of any kind. Best phone I've ever owned.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Solid phone with amazing hardware and camera. Yes, battery drain due to software bugs (blame MS) and poor apps like Whatsapp... Phone as such is amazing. Yes, phone heats up only on intense 3G usage and it is same with samsung mobiles as well...

Andyshine77

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No!!! I'm on my second phone and it has worse battery issues than the first one. My replacement phone also has new problem my first phone didn't, the touchscreen doesn't seem to be as responsive.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
OverAll I satisfied with my lumia 920, I don't have batter draining issue( I have eight background tasks running) except the Bluetooth connection problem. And I found gaming is more intriguing with load-in super fast and fluid albeit there is still relatively lack for our users compare to other platforms. Anyway, I am still optimistic towards Xbox game. Nokia's hardware and built-in quality are excellent!

halimaw96

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
As a phone, this beast is awesome. Fantastic camera and first rate build quality. Couple it WP8 though -- the battery bugs, faults in OS design, and the walled garden approach keep me from loving it. Still though if you're a diehard WP fan, this is the best phone out there.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes I love everything Nokia has done. I am on the other hand not to thrilled with Microsoft. There are a couple of bugs that should of never made it into a production phone. That and not having the option of a notification center makes me wonder why ol' Billy boy hasn't returned to straighten out Microsoft.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
You know these type of conversations is always very subjective. Some people seem to have constant problems with their phones and others have none. I can say I have NO hardware issues at all. Great phone. as for the OS, I like it FAR more than iOS and Android. That is not to say those OS's are not without their good points. But for me, it's all about having a phone that does what I want, works well and above all else NOT being bored. iPhone bores me to death with all the stupid little icons and one phone to choose from. Android is far more interesting but is now getting just a little crazy with the multitude of settings on some of the phones. Also, given the nature of the open system, you are almost constantly having to fine tune things and hunt down apps that just weren't designed right or just chose not to work right on your particular phone. As for the Windows Phone, I find the UI very smooth and refreshing. Classic and simple yet providing useful information in the form of live tiles. The ability to size, add/delete things to the home screen gives you the feeling of making it uniquely yours. Certainly there are aspects of some of the software that I would improve but overall, it satisfies me far more than anything else out there although Blackberry 10 might prove intresting. Still, this phone gives me seemless syncronization with my desktop and allows me to easily share with my husband who up until now always managed to miss or lose track of those things. Now I put them in the Family Room and no problem. Life Is Good.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If you asked me last week, it was a huge UNHAPPY.. I got my replacement 920 however on Friday and it has been pretty much flawless ... Only issue I have is the "other" storage problem and Microsoft's inability to get key apps on the platform (or update key apps already available to make them on par quality wise to iOS and Android).

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
OK, everyone calm down. If you're coming from another OS, I can almost guarantee you that there is "something" that won't be available on Windows Phone that you really liked on your previous one. Nature of the beast. I was totally prepared for this and you all should have been too. I did however, make sure that those "deal killers" WERE available so there would be no misunderstandings. No reason why any of you didn't do that as well. This is to say nothing of the buyers remorse period you get to change your mind. Certainly there are things I I miss from Android. Can't rally say that about iOS because there is litterally NOTHING I miss about that other than the gazillions of apps and accessories. Big deal. I made sure my Windows Phone could give me those things I absolutely required. Otherwise I would not have gotten it. My banks app was one of those and it is what delayed me from getting one sooner. This isn't rocket science. If you're someone who places a lot of value in having tons of apps, stay with iPhone or Android. If you like insane amounts of customization and phone choices, stay with Android. If your needs are relatively simple at this point but you require a high end smart phone with a smooth, sleek and fast OS, then Windows Phone is for you. I had no misconceptions coming into this. I knew it was a relatively new OS compared to the others and that the app store was pretty limited but I was so intrigued by this very fresh, new kid on the block that so long as I had the handful of apps I needed, I was going all in and would be patient while the OS matured and Microsoft improved upon it. I have not been sorry. I love the phone and the OS.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
If I had it to do over again, I would have saved my$500 and waited for the next latest greatest. The amount of time and frustration I have spent to get a descent picture and to make it through a day without recharge wasn't worth it in the end. And if MS doesn't get the lead out with updates my thoughts will not improve. Its better now, but it was three months of aggravation I didn't want to go thru.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Went through 4 phones, might be 5 soon if battery doesn't stop draining until soft reset. Would've waited until the bugs were fixed, never am I jumping on a phone quickly again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb