Quality of photos is even worse after Portico

gilesjuk

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
To me the grass problem looks like excessive sharpening. Which seems to be what other camera phones do to get that sharp look.

This is why pro photographers usually shoot RAW and then hand optimise the level of sharpening, exposure etc. on a photo.

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? I've got the automatic upload to Skydrive app for my N8 and have it set to full quality over WiFi only. Pictures uploaded are perfect. Same setting on my 920 and pictures are horrible. Besides, just viewing the pictures on my phone shows how bad the pictures are.

I've set my lumia to up-load full quality as well, still doesn't work, at least there is a large disparity in file size.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I've set my lumia to up-load full quality as well, still doesn't work, at least there is a large disparity in file size.

You're doing it wrong then. This is a comparison between a picture taken directly off my phone (left) and one auto-uploaded to Skydrive then downloaded to my MacBook (right)

b5IYeIg.jpg

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ you should bing !

I cannot imagine why in such good lighting conditions the image is so heavily post-processed to remove the noise.
Its because it uses the same algorithm which makes that amazing low light photography possible, for daylight photos as well.. I guess they have no way to automatically switch between two differents sets of processing (day/night) so they just left it as default. They should at least give you an option to manually select "day" ...

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I done a quick Google about the 920's camera to see if it was just mine that took out of focus shots and the result seems to be it's the phone in general. There appears to be much work needed to get the camera to focus on the whole image.

Nokia Lumia 920 Camera Review: Connect

Is there a such phone cam that can make focus for the whole image ? ... did you really read that review, even just an conclusion ? ... do you understand that it is still a phone cam ? ... 2 pics on the beginning of this thread are complete failures of either a cam or a photographer - if a photographer is doing OK, then a phone cam should be send to Nokia Care to fix that broken cam ...

Edit: I can see only 1 pic any longer, so maybe other one is removed from the beginning of this thread ...

I agree that Nokia has still to do work with their cam software, to get the best out from this cam ...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720