Finally got my Lumia 920, but dont know how to use the camera !!

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I knew so much about this phone i finally got it but the camera, i only have 2 lenses and there arent that many to download...

most importantly the video Stabilization... it doesnt work !!! how do you activate it?????

Thanks

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I knew so much about this phone i finally got it but the camera, i only have 2 lenses and there arent that many to download...

most importantly the video Stabilization... it doesnt work !!! how do you activate it?????

Thanks

You cannot be serious.

Lenses are in marketplace. Don't search by "lenses". Search for camera apps - blink, cinemagraph, handyscan, smartshoot, panorama, timelapse pro, translator.

OIS is inbuilt. It isn't a software you tweak, it is technology that just works. Like you don't need to turn on your speaker and mic when you make a phone call. So you don't activate it, you just sit in a car and record it and when you view it you will see the magic.

Panda858

Banned
Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
just open the camera, hit lenses and there is a link to "get more lenses"

image stabilization is hardware based, there is no turning it on or off

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
How about good night photos, I tried this in my room in total darkness and the photo happens to be just that, total darkness... I b=wanted thi camera ebcause of low light photos but that doesnt seem to work either.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
How about good night photos, I tried this in my room in total darkness and the photo happens to be just that, total darkness... I b=wanted thi camera ebcause of low light photos but that doesnt seem to work either.
No camera can take pictures in absolute darkness. You need some source of light or at least some reflection to capture an image. Low light is mainly for capturing pictures without flash in dim lighted scenarios (Not pitch dark rooms). Using flash only lights up the first few feet, whereas Low light capability can capture the background as if a huge flash is used to cover the entire area. If you still want to see how low light can perform in very dark spots, change the picture settings to night mode and increase the exposure to +2. This would lead to very grainy picture, but still captures things you may not see with your naked eye... Hope this gives an explanation

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

L920 performs superbly in LOW light. No camera will work in NO light. In low light situation (most indoor settings and after-sunset outdoor), you can expect L920 to give you usable to good pictures with high probability while competing phones will fail miserably. Difference is comically big.

In total darkness, no camera will work without flash. But using flash is often undesirable because it often creates harsh shadow and hot spots.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its not that dark as you see in the video, mind that the camera recording this also suffers the same problem.
Don't expect 920 to replace your night vision goggle.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, there is light in the video from the front opening. That is adequate for Low light using 920... Moreover, we don't know what exposure and ISO settings they have used to demonstrate this. You can try the same thing use an old cardboard box with a front hole and I'm sure you can get a nice picture. But If you put the box in a dark room, I'm sure you gonna get only a dark image... As far as OIS is concerned, it works okay for me... If you are wildly swinging your phone while taking a video you are gonna end up with a shaky video. OIS is more to compensate your hand shake or say shake to an extent... Or maybe your OIS is not working...If possible share a video clipping you have taken with your 920, may be someone here can help you....

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Im veryyy sure my stabilization is not activating. I have seen load of videos of it working and in my phone it does not work to the slightiest... so nothing changes when i press record.

When I shake the phone I do FEEL the camera lense shaking or moving so it phisically works right?

Arrrrg, I bought this phone second hand cause I got it from a guy two days ago and so far this is the only problem...

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im veryyy sure my stabilization is not activating. I have seen load of videos of it working and in my phone it does not work to the slightiest... so nothing changes when i press record.

When I shake the phone I do FEEL the camera lense shaking or moving so it phisically works right?

Arrrrg, I bought this phone second hand cause I got it from a guy two days ago and so far this is the only problem...
not sure if you really understand what you are looking at. Take a short video while you are walking, do try your best to stable the cam too, and let us see if it is a defective unit.

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I did take a few videos but they are not worth uploading, It really shows that there is no stabilization at all, for instance, when you are using the camera for pictures. The phone reacts to everyone of your movements as it shall, well this is exactly what happens while I tape a video. The only problem is, I know in this case it shouldn;t do that, and it should be more smooth.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
just do a simple video, walk with you cam, try your best to stable the cam, then lets see. Or else from what you describe you are asking you lumia to work like a million dollar 8 DOF stabilizer.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I did take a few videos but they are not worth uploading, It really shows that there is no stabilization at all, for instance, when you are using the camera for pictures. The phone reacts to everyone of your movements as it shall, well this is exactly what happens while I tape a video. The only problem is, I know in this case it shouldn;t do that, and it should be more smooth.

Post a video or nobody can help you here. I highly doubt you have a real issue because I've never seen a real OIS problem being reported here yet. Plus, you expecting camera to work in complete darkness are not helping your credibility in being able to spot a camera problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea