- 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM #1
Hey guys, my Lumia 920 was in my pocket today and when I took it out it prompted me to create a password. I tried to back out but it wouldn't let me, so I created a password in hopes to be able to remove it later. When I wen't to my lock screen settings, the password switch was set to on and it does not let me switch it off (it's grey).
Has anyone else experienced this and know how to remove/disable the password option in this case?
Thanks for your help in advance!
- 02-04-2013, 04:24 PM #2
It shouldn't be grey. You need to enter old password to turn it off. How did it get a password just sitting in your pocket? :s
Something sounds fishy.Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
- 09-23-2013, 02:45 PM #13
This is how I managed to get the password off and rig the irritation of entering password every minute:
SETTINGS --> LOCK+WALLPAPER --> PASSWORD ON (BLUE) ---> CHANGE PASSWORD (ENTER YOUR PASSWORD) ---> WALA!! (PASSWORD OFF)
Hope this will work for everyone with the password problem.
- 02-10-2014, 02:37 AM #14
Turn on your Windows mobile. Press on Setting then press on Lock Screen, there will show a Password, front of the password line has a small liver, if you pull the liver front, password will be enable in your system and if you pull it back password will be disable. Thanks
- 12-16-2014, 04:14 AM #15
It is because of the linked outlook account in your phone. It ensures security.
If you want to remove the password lock, you should remove the outlook account linked.
2. slide right to applications
3. select people
4. scroll down to accounts
5. long press the outlook account and then select delete
6. go back to settings > systems > lock screen and then turn off the password
- By nagylaci93 in forum Dell Venue ProReplies: 7Last Post: 09-26-2014, 02:17 PM
- By avazee in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 6Last Post: 02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
- By janspost600 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 0Last Post: 01-25-2013, 12:58 PM
- By QuadForce in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 01-07-2012, 11:35 PM