Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Can anyone recommened a good facebook app for the 920? I have the regular one but everytime I click on something to like or view a photo,when I try to go back to my news feed it goes all the way back to the top and I have to figure out where I left off then. It's pretty annoying.

My wife and I are having the same problem. As far as I know, that's the only FB app worth a damn. There are some FB touch apps that are basically just a window to Welcome to Facebook. I've been using that website recently, which is good. You can share things, which you can't do on the app. The problem you are talking about where it returns you to the top exists on the website too. Both my wife and I have send feedback (in the settings area of the app), but haven't gotten any response. Please leave feedback asking for a fix to this problem. Also ask to add sharing ��.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Oh ok, thanks for the info. I hope they fix it soon. I love using facebook on this big screen but haven't really gotten a good chance to surf around.

I 'don't mind the official app much, it does most things well but definitely missing some features. The only 3rd party fb app I care to keep is Touch Facebook, recently updated for WP8 support, give it a try
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    The best Facebook I have found for my 920 is Internet Explorer.

I haven't found another Facebook app that can match it's functionality yet.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    What about filtering? Does anyone know how to filter out some posts? I was looking around in settings but didn't find anything. I just wanted to filter out all of people's game statistics that post.

That's my biggest annoyance. Just switched to 920 last weekend, and the lack of post filtering in the official FB app is really discouraging.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trvsglr_86 View Post
    What about filtering? Does anyone know how to filter out some posts? I was looking around in settings but didn't find anything. I just wanted to filter out all of people's game statistics that post.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelitm View Post
    That's my biggest annoyance. Just switched to 920 last weekend, and the lack of post filtering in the official FB app is really discouraging.
    And it will remain a problem until one of 2 things happen.

1. Facebook develops an official app for WP8
    2. Facebook authorizes WP8 people hub and MS's WP8 Facebook app to be recognized as official FB apps

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I also just go to touch.facebook.com, because of the feed filtering problem. I see all those stupid game posts and posts from people I've set to not show in the official Facebook app and in the People hub, but on touch.facebook.com it shows how it's supposed to. With all unofficial Facebook apps which are wrappers for the website, the like and comment buttons are shown under neath eachother instead of next to each other. I don't have a feeling anything will change anytime soon.
    I prefer the Me and People hub. Idk what kind of pages you guys like to get all this spam! lol
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    I prefer the Me and People hub. Idk what kind of pages you guys like to get all this spam! lol
    This is my preferred method as well as I'm not the huge of a FB person but like to get some quick checks once in a while. The thing I haven't figured out is how to tag someone if I'm posting an update or checking in. I don't see this option through the Me/People hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudiepoo1 View Post
    This is my preferred method as well as I'm not the huge of a FB person but like to get some quick checks once in a while. The thing I haven't figured out is how to tag someone if I'm posting an update or checking in. I don't see this option through the Me/People hub.
    That's my only concern too! I don't think that's an option however I really hope its something Microsoft adds!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I paid $1 for the facebook pro app. Mistake.

JDBPocketware just came out with TheFacebook.

I've replaced the official FB App and another third party one with it.

It's technically a wrapper, but it's simultaneously the best wrapper out there.

The Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) <- the store link.
    Thanked by:
    trvsglr_86 likes this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lkwaijunior View Post
    JDBPocketware just came out with TheFacebook.

I've replaced the official FB App and another third party one with it.

It's technically a wrapper, but it's simultaneously the best wrapper out there.

The Facebook | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) <- the store link.
    Wow that is a really great app thank you!
    lkwaijunior likes this.

The MS app for FB doesn't let you edit your comments, what a bummer. I too found the mobile version of FB on IE much better than most of the apps.

Quote Originally Posted by nokia3660 View Post
    The MS app for FB doesn't let you edit your comments, what a bummer. I too found the mobile version of FB on IE much better than most of the apps.
    Go get TheFacebook, I linked it further up. It's better than ie, no kidding.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I hate the official one ONLY because it sucks with notifications in groups. Let's say I write something in a group I'm in and I press on the notification. It does NOT take me to the status itself, just to the group and it's pissing me off because sometimes there are tons of new entries.
    Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
    Firmware: 8.0.10517.150
    Network: Tele2 Sweden

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    The Facebook looks good so far, thanks 😊
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Camera Chick View Post
    The Facebook looks good so far, thanks 
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    It isn't available in Sweden yet :(

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Quote Originally Posted by lfjj View Post
    It isn't available in Sweden yet :(
    It's there! The marketplace listings are terrible, but I think I found the link.

http://www.windowsphone.com/sv-se/st...=jdbpocketware you'll see it listed there!

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Installed, uninstalled. Can't even post a picture, and every facebook app I've installed except the native one behaves awful alot the same. There really isn't any difference between them except some small edits in the UI maybe..

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Installed, uninstalled. Can't even post a picture, and every facebook app I've installed except the native one behaves awful alot the same. There really isn't any difference between them except some small edits in the UI maybe..
    just to ask, why are you even trying to post via apps to begin with..? Just share to Facebook direct from the photo album/camera roll.

The Facebook and other wrappers are more catered to the other functions of Facebook. It's a workaround I agree, but imo it's actually better than uploading through an app.

My $0.02 (:

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lkwaijunior View Post
    just to ask, why are you even trying to post via apps to begin with..? Just share to Facebook direct from the photo album/camera roll.

The Facebook and other wrappers are more catered to the other functions of Facebook. It's a workaround I agree, but imo it's actually better than uploading through an app.

My $0.02 (:
    Because I share in groups as well, not only on people's timeline.

500px:
    @LostMySelf
    Instagram:
    @lightness90

Because I share in groups as well, not only on people's timeline.
    I see I see.. Well I haven't had that use case scenario, but I can see how that would be frustrating. They'd better fix it soon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast