Best facebook app for 920?

trvsglr_86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone recommened a good facebook app for the 920? I have the regular one but everytime I click on something to like or view a photo,when I try to go back to my news feed it goes all the way back to the top and I have to figure out where I left off then. It's pretty annoying.

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I are having the same problem. As far as I know, that's the only FB app worth a damn. There are some FB touch apps that are basically just a window to Welcome to Facebook. I've been using that website recently, which is good. You can share things, which you can't do on the app. The problem you are talking about where it returns you to the top exists on the website too. Both my wife and I have send feedback (in the settings area of the app), but haven't gotten any response. Please leave feedback asking for a fix to this problem. Also ask to add sharing ��.

trvsglr_86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh ok, thanks for the info. I hope they fix it soon. I love using facebook on this big screen but haven't really gotten a good chance to surf around.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I 'don't mind the official app much, it does most things well but definitely missing some features. The only 3rd party fb app I care to keep is Touch Facebook, recently updated for WP8 support, give it a try

trvsglr_86

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
What about filtering? Does anyone know how to filter out some posts? I was looking around in settings but didn't find anything. I just wanted to filter out all of people's game statistics that post.

michaelitm

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
That's my biggest annoyance. Just switched to 920 last weekend, and the lack of post filtering in the official FB app is really discouraging.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
What about filtering? Does anyone know how to filter out some posts? I was looking around in settings but didn't find anything. I just wanted to filter out all of people's game statistics that post.

That's my biggest annoyance. Just switched to 920 last weekend, and the lack of post filtering in the official FB app is really discouraging.
And it will remain a problem until one of 2 things happen.

1. Facebook develops an official app for WP8
  2. Facebook authorizes WP8 people hub and MS's WP8 Facebook app to be recognized as official FB apps

deuxani

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I also just go to touch.facebook.com, because of the feed filtering problem. I see all those stupid game posts and posts from people I've set to not show in the official Facebook app and in the People hub, but on touch.facebook.com it shows how it's supposed to. With all unofficial Facebook apps which are wrappers for the website, the like and comment buttons are shown under neath eachother instead of next to each other. I don't have a feeling anything will change anytime soon.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the Me and People hub. Idk what kind of pages you guys like to get all this spam! lol

This is my preferred method as well as I'm not the huge of a FB person but like to get some quick checks once in a while. The thing I haven't figured out is how to tag someone if I'm posting an update or checking in. I don't see this option through the Me/People hub.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
This is my preferred method as well as I'm not the huge of a FB person but like to get some quick checks once in a while. The thing I haven't figured out is how to tag someone if I'm posting an update or checking in. I don't see this option through the Me/People hub.

That's my only concern too! I don't think that's an option however I really hope its something Microsoft adds!

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
The MS app for FB doesn't let you edit your comments, what a bummer. I too found the mobile version of FB on IE much better than most of the apps.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I hate the official one ONLY because it sucks with notifications in groups. Let's say I write something in a group I'm in and I press on the notification. It does NOT take me to the status itself, just to the group and it's pissing me off because sometimes there are tons of new entries.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3