Black Lumia 920, unibody clicking and creaking is it normal?

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I have a black Lumia 920 and is happy overall with the phone. But the unibody makes clicking and creaking noises when I handle the phone which makes the phone feel a little cheap. The creaking is worst on the back of the phone and on the sides. Is it normal? Do you experience the same?

Last edited:

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Sigh.......Thats what i thought.......Baaaaah!! This will mean that I have to exchange it and be without my phone for to long.....Get a grip Nokia.....This is weak....

Last edited:

msualum

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
If in the US just go to an att repair center and you keep the phone until the new one gets to you. Real easy and the new phone will be perfect. 😊

Panda858

Banned
Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah i just warrantied mine with AT&T and my new phone is perfect. They sent me a new one and I still have to send my old one back in the postage supplied box, painless process.

chenhogi

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I had this same problem at the side of my phone (the side without the hardware buttons). As the phone was only 3 days old, I had my service provider replace it.

Not impressed with Nokia here. They always had a reputation of building high quality handsets.

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I didnt have this problem at first it has evolved during the time I have used the phone, thats really annoying because if I had noticed this right away I could just have filed an DOA on the phone. Now I have to go to the store and first convince them of this problem and then wait about two weeks for the handset to come back from repair.

Last edited:

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
First Black L920 had giant gap between body and screen, then it started creaking on the left hand side about 2weeks later. Exchanged for Grey, solid when I purchased it, started creaking top and bottom the next day. Refunded since store refused to exchange again. Purchased another Grey today, extremely slight creaking bottom right. Fingers crossed this one doesn't go as bad as the other two. Partner's Grey purchased when I exchanged for the first grey, totally solid still. Friend's black is totally solid too. Today's when I purchased the grey, the store demo unit was totally solid too.

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Could you please help me test one thing. Test if you have creaking, clicking plastic on the side between the volume button and the power button. Have a really annoying click/creak there and want to know what is normal and what is not before I go back to the store to complain.

Last edited:

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Could you please help me test one thing. Test if you have creaking, clicking plastic on the side between the volume button and the power button. Have a really annoying click/creak there and want to know what is normal and what is not before I go back to the store to complain.

Br D

pin drop silence on your test..

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
No it's not normal

I just replaced both mine and my wife's because of this. My new one seems to be OK so far but its in a case but my wife's still creaks... just in a different spot. I'd say its a fairly normal manufacturing defect. Nokia will take it in for repair or maybe replace if you know who to talk to.

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 4th 920, 2 of the previous phones had creaks (along with other problems) I've had the current one for a couple of months now and it is perfect and doesn't creak at all, no matter how hard i try to make it creak, and also the screen is a close fit to the body, all around with no gaps. No sign of dust in the ffc either (yet)

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
i have same problem in my phone left side ( lower half )
and it annoying me is it easy to convince them to give me new one cuz i do not wana to send it to reapair and be waiting
any one in UAE has this problem and went to nokia sevice center their ?

albashiq

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
is their any connection with 2 Screw in bottomside of the phone with this sound coming from left side ?

i have this sound in leftside of the phone in lower part of left side and i noticed that left Screw their i think not tight as right one

if i tried to tighten that screw their by myself is this will validate my warranty ?

Doraso

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

This creaking is really making med sad. I sent for repair for this and got it back yesterday. But Nokia doesent think this is an issue. Its perfectly normal according to them. I just think its sad that my backup phone ZTE Blade 3 feels more solid than the "premium" Nokia.

But the more I read the more I see that this is an very common issue and it seems I have to live with it :(

Last edited:

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My black L920 purchased in the UK (EE) in Feb creaks and clicks on the top and side edges, and also the whole rear panel. The whole body is actually quite soft and flexible, and can be squished with gentle pressure. In fact, I've developed an annoying habit of making it creak and click deliberately when I'm not using the phone. It's almost therapeutic. It does give the handset a very cheap feel though, really not expected of a modern handset in any price bracket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786