Nokia Music not very compatible with wireless headphones

Joshoon

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a little problem with the music player on my Nokia Lumia 920.

I have Beats Wireless headphones which work over Bluetooth.
I have been using these headphones on my HTC One X (Android) before, with the PowerAMP music app.
When I was playing music on my HTC, and I wanted to stop the music, I just pressed the pause/play button on the headphone, and I could press the pause/play button again to resume the album at the track where I was left after a few minutes or hours. And even after restart of the phone.

Now here is the thing.
When I do the same thing on my Nokia Lumia 920, just pause the music with the pause/play button, it does not resume when I want to play the music again. It doesn't even play music!
It doesn't save where I was left in the album, so I cannot just put my headphones on, and press the play button like I did with my HTC.

Is there any solution for this? Or is there any better music player which is able to act like my HTC did?

Much thanks in advance!

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
headset with functionality built in is always troublesome when comes to play with new hardware. Probably you have to wait for that particular brand to support WP8, or the other way round. Until then those function keys are pretty much useless.

Joshoon

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
headset with functionality built in is always troublesome when comes to play with new hardware. Probably you have to wait for that particular brand to support WP8, or the other way round. Until then those function keys are pretty much useless.

Well the functionkeys works perfectly.
It's just the software.

Nokia Music is not saving where I was left with listening the album.
Is there any solution or any other app that can do it better?

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's just the software.

I do not know does it make any difference, but Nokia Music is updated today (dated 7th Feb.) ...

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine on the Creative WP-450's so I don't think it's software.

I can even turn the headphones off and back on later and it picks up where I left off. All the buttons work including voice control.

Joshoon

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Sadly, same effect.
When I press t he pause button on my headphone (The b of beats), then it stops playing. (Which is good).
But when I want to resume the music, I press the b button again to play, but then it plays random music, or just nothing.

When I paused the music, the music player controls do not show up on the lock screen anymore too.

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
My Bluetooth headphones (jaybird) work pretty well, but sometimes when I hit play on the phone (920). Nothing happens, and the timer doesn't even move on the song I have to power down the headphones. Doesn't happen often but its odd.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, same effect.
When I press t he pause button on my headphone (The b of beats), then it stops playing. (Which is good).
But when I want to resume the music, I press the b button again to play, but then it plays random music, or just nothing.

When I paused the music, the music player controls do not show up on the lock screen anymore too.
as i suspect, they key is not working as it should. From your describe it just shut down the music, no doing a pause as it should.

CardboardDoom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's just the software.

Are you sure it's not the function keys? I'm using my pair of Beats Wireless (Amazon.com: Beats Wireless On-Ear Headphone (White): Electronics) with the newest update of Nokia Music and I'm not having any problems. Skips work fine, and the "b" button for play/pause is flawless. Pauses fine and picks up right where it left off.

I'm not sure when you bought your headphones, but I noticed on amazon there's a listing for an "old version", Amazon.com: Beats by Dre Wireless Headphones from Monster - Black (Old Version): Electronics , is it possible you have that model and that's just an issue with the hardware not being up to date?

Joshoon

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure it's not the function keys? I'm using my pair of Beats Wireless (Amazon.com: Beats Wireless On-Ear Headphone (White): Electronics) with the newest update of Nokia Music and I'm not having any problems. Skips work fine, and the "b" button for play/pause is flawless. Pauses fine and picks up right where it left off.

I'm not sure when you bought your headphones, but I noticed on amazon there's a listing for an "old version", Amazon.com: Beats by Dre Wireless Headphones from Monster - Black (Old Version): Electronics , is it possible you have that model and that's just an issue with the hardware not being up to date?

Hmm, well I'm quite sure the one I have is the newest version, it says v2 on the website I bought them. There is also no Monster logo's on it (since they seperated).

It's quite strange that everything dissapears (music wise), when I press on the b-button.
Sometimes it does work though, but It's like it is not saving where I was left at all, and then resumes at another song where I stopped before, a while ago.

How do you actually pause your music?
When I stop listening for a while, and want to start listening later again(Mostly after few hours), I just press the b-button, and turn the headphone off.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon