Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I tried the youtube email mobile upload thingie. It turned my 1080p video into a 240p. That was kind of horrible.
    So which is the best way to upload your recorded 720/1080p videos from your phone to youtube?
    Do you have to import the video to your computer 1st, then upload from the computer?
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,278 Global Posts
    I thought Metrotube would do it but it doesn't specify the upload resolution. Maybe a metrotube user will know.

afaik metrotube is only for watching youtube, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Elrinth View Post
    Do you have to import the video to your computer 1st, then upload from the computer?
    That works.

This free app says it can, let us know if it works for you Social Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Or the workaround using email How to Upload Videos to YouTube from Windows Phone 7 Mango

Quote Originally Posted by johninsj View Post
    That works.

This free app says it can, let us know if it works for you Social Camera | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Or the workaround using email How to Upload Videos to YouTube from Windows Phone 7 Mango
    Social Camera gets NullReferenceException when starting. So it doesn't work on Windows Phone 8.

I already stated using email to upload to youtube converts the videos into 240p.

Bump anything new on this?

I don't really do youtube, but how about the Nokia Video Upload? I have no idea if it scales the videos, though...